All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some you may know my car has been off the road the past few months as I had a bit of an accident and did some front end damage to my car. Its been off the road a few months as I have been saving up the money for parts etc and for my dad to find the time to help me fix it etc. I did have an old thread on here ages ago for my car, but as it was that long ago and a lot of things have changed on it since then I thought a new thread was appropriate. Apologies for the quality of some pics as they were taken on my phone, but they arent too bad. :thumbs_up:

Heres how the car used to look

The interior

And then the damage to the front end that I did.

While the car was off the road, all the money that I was saving on petrol was being spent on various parts such as new wing, bonnet, depo headlights, badgeless grill, jamex suspension kit 60mm, radiator and a fair bit of primer, sandpaper and paint lol. Yes I was excited by now and heres a pic of some of the goodies.

First thing that I replaced was the bonnet which my dad managed to pick up from a scrapyard for me for quite cheap.

Next up were the new alloys. I did have some 14" 3 spoke nova gte alloys on the car just while it was sitting still after I sold my 17"s. Then one day some bloke from near me came round (who owns a nova) and said hes been watching my car for a while and he wondered if I'd consider doing a straight swap for the 14" white 5 spokes he had on his. Seen as though the white alloys suited my car a lot more than the nova ones did, I did the swap.

I also removed the sunstrip.

Ever since I had the car I wanted to do a full colour code, but I had never had the time to do it, but seen as though the car was now off the road I started it.

Here are some pics of the work in progress...

And then a couple of pics after the rear bumper and arches were finished.

Next up was fitting the 60mm Jamex Suspension kit which I had bought. Turned out to be a relatively easy job which I was happy with considering I have never messed around with any kind of suspension in my life.

Nice shiny new parts lol

And the result, lowered 60mm

Then I had a good wage one month so I treated myself to a dvd player for it. I wanted a headunit with an aux input on the front for my ipod, but this had one of those aswel so I bought this. I haven't fitted it yet though, il get some pics up of this when its in.

Then the serious work started as we pretty much had all the parts we needed and my dad had a few days off work. From my accident, luckily pretty much most of the damage was cosmetic and hardly any was mechanical. The front slam panel was all twisted and out of shape so it had to be cut out ready for the new one to be put in place.

Then me and my Dad trial fitted the new front slam panel in place just to see how decent the line up is etc, and it turned out to be pretty good.

Will be sprayed eventually to match the colour of the car, and heres a pic of the old piece we cut out.

Before fixing the new slam panel permanently into place which will be done hopefully in the next week, I also worked on one of the lower panels at the bottom and got rid of some rust that had built up in the corners and primered it.

Thats the work that has been done so far, in the fixing of my motor, but watch this space as there is more to be done.

One final pic of todays work. Starting to look like a Corsa again lol :D

·
Premium Member
18,555 Posts
Didn't know you crashed, glad your OK and the Corsa isn't too bad!
Oh and that DVD player, does it play mp3's from a DVD disk do you know? I have a freind who wanted that one but no one could tell him.

·
Registered
100 Posts
its the same head unit as mine there quite good i like it but it could do with a bigger screen linking to it. ill find out about the mp3 dvd and let you no

·
Premium Member
18,555 Posts
its the same head unit as mine there quite good i like it but it could do with a bigger screen linking to it. ill find out about the mp3 dvd and let you no
Cheers! I have an alpine 7" one and thats not big enough either, you will get bored of it pretty quick so I really wouldn't worry! :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
189 Posts
looking good mate, thou just a warning, jamex dampers are pretty crappy. i had a set on my corsa and after 3 months the rear shocks would squeek like mad, i think theres a few people on here who have had the same problem... didnt affect the handling or anything just got bloody annoying lol

·
Registered
674 Posts
looking good chick - shame about the accident but i guess its good to know that you are getting you car sorted and giving her a new makeover lol :)

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
i got spring compresors, and i got some deep drop neck spanners, but they are not deep enough!

i will have a look in the local today for some swan necks, cheers fella

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
looking good matey, what tools did you use to do the front suspension? i cant undo my fronts :(
I had the same trouble with mine mate as when I went to undo the top nut the dish the nut was sitting in kept spinning aswel getting me nowhere. I clamped the disc part into a vice and then undid the nut with a normal socket. :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
ah yea i remember you saying abut clamping it now! the local shop didnt do any swan necks, think i will just go buy a clamp.

cheers dude

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
looking good that , i like

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
done a good job there, was wondering how much was that front end part you fitted on? I think its looking better than before.

·
Premium Member
762 Posts
i had a similar crash not so long a go but mine wasnt as bad as yours. I managed to straghten all my panels back out and replace headlights and grill. my cars in for spraying this week cos of it lol looks like youve done a good job on getting it back on track. keep iit up!

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Nah mate, the bonnet will be going blue fella, Ste's been on at me about how he wants his to stay the only one, but i've told him not to worry because it will be going blue lol.

And rufio, the brand new front slam panel was around £40 off imperial parts.

And yer I agree its looking better than before aswel, as I was only 17 when I started modding it, a lot of what I did was quite tacky, like the sunstrip and 17"s, but how my tastes have changed lol, slammed on smaller white alloys FTW.

Quick update aswel. Fitted my new radiator today, new battery, put some water into it and it started first time! Heres a pic and a vid of the car running. Engine sounds a bit dodgy on the vid but thats because there wasnt enough water in it, and the sound quality doesnt do my exhaust justice lol but you get the idea.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Looking sweet mate, keep the pictures coming. Arden blue looks mint colour coded. Got yourself the making of an ace car there mate

1 - 20 of 36 Posts