All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
8,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wanting to tint my standard rear lights but have a few questions first.

1. Can you get tinting spray from Halfords because i'm going there later so it would be good to be able to pick some up then. If not, where is the best place/cheapest place to get hold of some? Do people have any links?

2. I'm aware that you need to have your reflector showing but does it have to be the whole reflector or just a significant part of it?

3. Obviously it is illegal to tint the lights too much but like the reflectors, are there any parts of the lights that should be left untinted or is it just the reflectors???

Any help would be greatly appreciated and the sooner you reply, the sooner my lexus lights may be coming off. So there's an incentive for you :p

Cheers :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Sorry mate, I haven't seen any tinting spray there, plenty film though.

I found this page though. It mentions you can do bike visors, so I don't seen why it wont work on the lights... though I know this is of little help if you're after spray!

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Should be able to get tinting spray from halfords depending on the size of your local store, I know the local one to me sells it. Strictly speaking the entire reflector should be showing although I doubt the police would be so strict as long as a significant amount was. I tinted the ones on my old corsa to completely black however I did it using laquer and small amount of black paint so that the reflectors and the rest of the light could still pass through the tint and never had any issues with police or MOTs.

Reactions: nibnob21

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
I'm sure tinting the reflector would be alright as long as it still reflects (if that makes sense)? And I've seen tint spray at my local halfords as well.

·
Registered
8,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
cheers for the help guys. there are these on ebay which im not going to buy as it would be cheaper to get the spray myself but, i think they actually look good with the red strip in. kinda like some of those 3 door ones you can get :) plus it's more 'legal' with the reflector showing so it's a win win situation lol.

anyone else have any tips or what not???

cheers.

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
I think the ones in that link are a bit too dark tbh

·
Registered
8,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
cheers for the help guys. there are these on ebay which im not going to buy as it would be cheaper to get the spray myself but, i think they actually look good with the red strip in. kinda like some of those 3 door ones you can get :) plus it's more 'legal' with the reflector showing so it's a win win situation lol.

anyone else have any tips or what not???

cheers.
They mint get em mate, look good. I was after some but i done lights ages ago now.
:thumbs_up: and i won't do them quite that dark either.

·
Registered
9,910 Posts
I like the ones in that link.

Tbh, the police that do have a go at people with rear reflectors tinted or missing annoys me a bit
I guess i'm comparing Apples To Oranges here, but when did you last see a cyclist being pulled up for cycling without a set of reflectors? Illegal as well if i remember, but seems to be acceptable.

·
Registered
9,910 Posts
I think tint spray is basically just re-badged spraypaint. I could be wrong, but i know when i worked as a mechanic a few of the apprentices in the bodyshop used to spray thier own rear lights with black paint and laquer. They looked like the ones in the link.

·
Registered
8,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I've just had a look on some links I have.... I would say tint spray nibnob21 as the good rear light that I have links too are over 50 quid.
yea i said i was going to tint them myself from the beginning lol :palm: i just put that link up to show people what they may end up looking like :) what i'd like to know is out of the two sprays i've given a link to above, which would be best???

1 - 20 of 26 Posts