All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
olreet peeps :thumbs_up: how do i go about fitting front door speakers to a corsa B? Do i need to remove the whole door card or just the bottom quarter? cant do it yet as the cars in the garage,so just gathering information,got the speakers,adaptors and wiring kit,just require info :D

cheers!

·
Registered
704 Posts
You only need to remove the bottom half of the doorcard, and when i did mine, i just cut off the plug that was with the corsa as its easier to just make some new connections to the back of your speakers.

Other than that, mount your speakers into the adapters first, make sure the magnets clear your windows and they should just fit straight in :)

·
Registered
45 Posts
I found i had to take the entire door card off to get better access to the top screw, its not really a big job anyway, takes about 5 minutes if you know what youre doing and theres a really good guide on here iirc. I would suggest putting the speaker in the adapter first and wiring the speakers to the loom you get with the adapter to make connecting it to the original connector a bit easier.
Then put the speaker in with the window down to make sure the magnet doesnt get in the way, otherwise you will only find out about it when you wind it down later and it gets stuck!
I also had to put some electrical tape around each side of the connector to keep them toghether because they sometimes came loose, and a bit around the hole in the door because the speaker kept shorting on the chassis.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for all the reply's....ive bought the adapter kit,with wiring loom (i hate bodge jobs) so there shouldn't be any problem's there.speakers i have chosen are FLI integrator 6,anybody had them? if so what are your opinions on them? As some of you maybe aware the cars in the garage atm so i haven't had the chance to fit them :( already upgraded the headunit,because im 17 just passed my test and lets face it we all love decent sounding music! :D

thanks again....jordan

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
hahaha ^^^ thats class! , thanks for the replys and sorry for the long wait but,front speakers are all done :D took 5 mins per door and the quality of the sound is amazing! didnt realise how cheep and crappy the standard ones are,looked like cardboard! how do i go about fitting rear speakers ? ive had a look and cant see no wiring leading to the back,looks like ill have to go down the "speakers in the parcel shelf" root,would i be able to take a power supply of the front speakers? thanks :)

·
Registered
677 Posts
If you're going to run wires, you would be better off putting them into the proper rear output from the head unit (Or an amp).

You can get replacement mounts that go either side of the parcel shelf, and fit 5¼" speakers where the OEM ones go. That's what I did (+ Wiring), as I didn't want them on show or to lose space in the boot to 6x9s.

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
two choices, I went for Fli 5 with adapters, you'll find the wires for the speakers in the rear light wiring loom, just taped up. Take off the boot sides and the speakers screw in behind the vents. Using the adapter kit, just plug in the adapter and screw in the speakers, job done!
Speakers
Adapters

Or, amp and 6X9s on the shelf.
This amp could be hidden under the passenger seat, and have it powering all four small speakers, or bridge two channels to power the 6X9s and mount it on the parcel shelf along with the speakers to save space.
Amp
Speakers 6X9
These links are for caraudiodirect.co.uk, to get free shipping, quote '7e6e57' as a voucher code. I really do recommend amping the speakers, (I have the same ones), they're good now, but they'll be brilliant after :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.