All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks...help please with my 2008 1.3 diesel ecoflex Corsa D. Been a great car...no problems during its 100k mile life. However, air con no longer works. Checked gas...OK. So, bearing in mind mileage, I replaced the air con pump. Took the car to my local Vauxhall dealer had the system evacuated, leak tested-found to be 100% OK-then re gassed. Still doesn't blow cold. When the engine idles, switch on the blower motor then the air con, engine revs slightly then drops back...so it appears the compressor is 'kicking in'. Rechecked the gas..no problems there. So where do I go from here? Any help would be appreciated..many thanks..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks SJW. Yes the compressor is 'kicking in' but after further investigation, the rad cooling fan doesn't run (fuses ok etc). I've traced that fault to a burnt out fan resistor. So, until that is replaced, I can't do any more. Also, had the front off the car to check the condenser. That's in a poor state...but not leaking. So more work to do next week ��

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.