All Corsa Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi just wondering. Would it be possible to put air conditioning from the Sport models into a 1.0 gls model? If so what would be required and how difficult would it be to do? Know where there are quite a few salvage sports so was thinking of converting mine to A/C. (This is the B model by the way)

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Its not a little job, you really need to know what your doing. Im sure it can be fitted but u will notice a power loss when its on.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its not a little job, you really need to know what your doing. Im sure it can be fitted but u will notice a power loss when its on.
Thanks. Uncle s a mechanic so would imagine he would be able to do it if persuaded with enough money :laugh:

and you need all the power you can get with a 1.0 no affence
True for the moment but hopefully wont be a 1.0 for too much longer :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
its probably the mnatrix that has gone mate, mine did it too
Think you might have misunderstood. My car currently doesnt have A/C and was inquiring about adding it mate. Thanks anyway :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
to fit it lol id fit the engine out a sport that came with it, then id take all the dash out to wire in the switch for it and then you will find you never use it cause it ratles up the fuel economy

d

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
to fit it lol id fit the engine out a sport that came with it, then id take all the dash out to wire in the switch for it and then you will find you never use it cause it ratles up the fuel economy

d
Thanks again for the reply. Decided not to bother anyway looking at an engine upgrade instead just pricing them up now. Know where theres an XE and know the guy so would get it pretty cheap but my heart is set on LET power lol

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
lat powers over rated and in the long run more problems occur with them, go xe for a while all the mounts are the same so when you get a let you know it will all go straight in

d

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
lat powers over rated and in the long run more problems occur with them, go xe for a while all the mounts are the same so when you get a let you know it will all go straight in

d
Think that is probably the sensible option and as you say an LET upgrade can be done afterwards.

:laugh: *goes out to buy an air conditioning machine*

1 - 12 of 12 Posts