All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok maybe firstly i should say i'm 47 so been driving a while, i've only just got the car & before i had it it had been sat for quite awhile, some how i've managed to get the air direction stuck in one position (facing grills) now i'm not sure if the knob is just turning on the spline or something behind the dash is stuck, is this knob connected by some kind of wire to the air adjustment, do i need to take out the whole dash to get to it or does the bit with the controls just pop off,

2nd prob which isn't really a prob just abit annoying, i get no display from the bit on the dash above the radio (it has two buttons on it one has a clock) the guy i bought it from said it's because the original radio has been changed is this right ?

the car is a 1.0 12v club on a '52 plate.

any help would be greatly appreciated & thank you in advance.

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
ok maybe firstly i should say i'm 47 so been driving a while, i've only just got the car & before i had it it had been sat for quite awhile, some how i've managed to get the air direction stuck in one position (facing grills) now i'm not sure if the knob is just turning on the spline or something behind the dash is stuck, is this knob connected by some kind of wire to the air adjustment, do i need to take out the whole dash to get to it or does the bit with the controls just pop off,

2nd prob which isn't really a prob just abit annoying, i get no display from the bit on the dash above the radio (it has two buttons on it one has a clock) the guy i bought it from said it's because the original radio has been changed is this right ?

the car is a 1.0 12v club on a '52 plate.

any help would be greatly appreciated & thank you in advance.
Not sure about the first problem, but I can help with the second.

Not 100% sure yours is the same, but on the older Corsa's there's a wire that hides the date when the radio is on to allow the radio screen to be shown. But if you have an aftermarket radio then it doesn't use the screen, but it still goes blank to allow it.
If you cut this wire, then the screen will stay on the date, and not go blank when the radio is on.
Only problem is, I've no idea which wire it is on yours...

·
Registered
9,410 Posts
Re. your knob (if you'll pardon the expression) - the central part of the dash comes off separately. I did a tutorial how to take it out for the B model, I don't think there's a tutorial for the C as yet. Maybe worth getting the Haynes for yours, well worth having anyway. There are cables behind which can come adrift, or the plastic part of the knob that engages on the spline may have snapped off.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re. your knob (if you'll pardon the expression) - the central part of the dash comes off separately. I did a tutorial how to take it out for the B model, I don't think there's a tutorial for the C as yet. Maybe worth getting the Haynes for yours, well worth having anyway. There are cables behind which can come adrift, or the plastic part of the knob that engages on the spline may have snapped off.
hi guys thanx for the quick replies,
i've managed to get the knob & outer casing off, the plastic spline has indeed broken off & is inside the knob i can turn the remaining bit with a pair of grips (although it is very stiff) so the air is now onto the windscreen, this has opened up another can of worms cause to change the plastic control it looks like i now need to remove the white inner casing with the temp control & fan speed switch on it & i can't see any screws or catches to release, i agree i need to get a haynes for it i was just hoping it was a quick fix but i guess not :palm:

·
Registered
18 Posts
On my b I took the whole dash off to fix the heater direction and a backlight behind the heater controls, on the b there is a spline with the plastic knob attached to it, it's clipped in place by a clip on the White compartment behind the dash. If this is snapped it won't turn and simply will just pull out. I just went to the scrap yard and got the part myself because I blew all my heater control backlight just trying to fix one :p all fixed now tho :) hoe it helps

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi folks,

I'm new to the site but was looking for advise on this too. I've not long had my Corsa 1.4SE and I noticed the air direction dial was sticking. It seems to be ok now so thought it may have been due to the freezing temps we've had (I'm in Scotland). Is this possible or is there a more underlying issue as with gooner?

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
My Corsa C one is pretty stiff, i assume either a cable. if it has one, is tight or the flap itself, i set mine midway between screen and bottom and just left it there.....Fred in Essex.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts