All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So,

I'm thinking/planning about doing this to my 1.4 8v Corsa B when I get time to do it. I've read the tutorial posted in the help section so I know what I'm supposed to do.

I was just wondering what the general perks of doing this are? and whether or not there are any downsides to doing this to my car?

Thanks in Advance.

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
Standard paper filter with de restricted and drilled airbox will work best. The grunt it nice! I've found no Issues with it when I did it on my 1.0 and worked a treat. Especially at around 4K revs then induction sound increased! Do it!

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So all in all it'll make it sound less of a whiny bitch and more beast like? I've currently running a 1.4 8v automatic but will at some point in life either be replacing the car or depending on how much time and effort along with money I'm willing to spend be doing a gear box conversion as well.. But so far from what I've read it's well worth doing so at some point over the next week I'll borrow my old mans tools and get it done :thumbsup:

I've just taken a look at the box itself now and it doesn't have the internal pipe that needs removing. So will just be drilling that need's doing. Also going to take a look at what other derestrictions I can do to boost the power/performance/noise this little guy can achieve.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Standard paper filter with de restricted and drilled airbox will work best. The grunt it nice! I've found no Issues with it when I did it on my 1.0 and worked a treat. Especially at around 4K revs then induction sound increased! Do it!
My good man do you mean K&N or PIPER X filter NOT standard paper filter ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts