All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone guess/tell me what is broken.

I accidentally pulled the left hand central vent down hard - I was trying to close the vent but missed the slide in the dark.

The vent is now "floppy" and will not stay in position.

Is it the vent that is broken or the dash panel that holds the vent?

Thanks,

Jane
1996 Corsa 1.2LX
:(

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bummer!

That means I'll have to replace the central dash panel, doesn't it :eek:

Pressure? How much pressure?

J.

·
Registered
322 Posts
pull the vent out, you may have snapped the pin on the dash or the lugg on the vent.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Iv done the same to mine except mines the vent near passenger window. I think iv snapped something that holds the vent in place. Its really annoying me because i know its there. Anything i can do?

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
That means I'll have to replace the central dash panel, doesn't it :eek:

J.
Chiiillll winston! just take it out and have a look too see whats broke, its not the end of world, look at my spraying guide in the tutorials and FAQ section to see how to remove the vents

·
Registered
122 Posts
I tried the "pressure" method last night and apart from the fact that the vent sits about 5ml deeper than the other one, and it still unclicks into "floppiness" if you tilt the vent down too far, it is a considerable improvement on the previous status

Thanks Lyds_corsa_b :thumbs_up:

I don't normally like forcing plastic as this usually makes things worse!

buy a new unit from novarob, takes 10 mins if that to replace.
What's the link for "novarob"?

Thanks all,

J.

What's the link for "novarob"?
Unless of course "novarob" is a person...

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
I tried the "pressure" method last night and apart from the fact that the vent sits about 5ml deeper than the other one, and it still unclicks into "floppiness" if you tilt the vent down too far, it is a considerable improvement on the previous status

Thanks Lyds_corsa_b
:) You're welcome. My vent was just randomly floppy (...how rude) so i forced it in (oh my) & it worked with me. :thumbs_up: My vent didn't push further in though matey.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts