All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Driving my Corsa D yesterday and the airbag light came on. Havent done any work on the car for a month or so, so cant think that anything has been disturbed. Car is a 2007 1.3 CDTI. I have pluged it in and comes up with code B0015 - which says drivers side pretensioner. Tried to clear fault, but say error in clearing.

Before I fork out for a new one, (which are proving hard to find apart from at vx!!) is there anything else it could be. I have tried disconncting battery for an hour but with no joy.

Hope someone can give me some much needed assistance.

Thank you in advance.

Phil

·
Registered
9,410 Posts
What are you using the clear the code with?

Those things can be set off by a mobile phone signal being close to them - but usually the code can just be cancelled.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, thanks for your reply.

I have a mobile mechanic friend, who has a fault code reader. Its not one of the small cheap ones, its like a touch screen tablet. Does it have to be a certain one to work properly?? He can read the code, and when he goes to delete the code the light goes out for a couple of seconds and the comes back on.

I have had a quote from vx, £144 plus vat. Not sure I want to spend the money if that is not the problem. MOT is coming up in a couple of weeks, so time is ticking!!

Any other ideas???

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just had a thought, I took a pic of fault reader screen, it may help someone point me in the right direction.

B0015 Driver Pretensioner
Circuit High/Low
Voltage Or Open Or
High/Low Resistance

·
Registered
9,410 Posts
I assume you (or he) has checked the wiring - it's sometimes prone to damage being where it is if something gets under the seat and then it's pulled out with some force.

With the light going out and then coming back on immediately it sounds like there is a wiring issue with the unit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts