All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have a 1ltr 04 Corsa C, not the daily driver, i have a fiesta mk5 zetec s for that ;)

however, it does have the leak on the brake servo that they all have, so is currently under a tarpaulin. A few months ago the car wouldnt start, it would just turn over. Brought an opcom and it wouldn't let me get into the ECU ATALL. Trailered the car to a garage and they used Tech2 etc and couldnt get in. Eventually got in and it was an immobiliser fault, the key wasnt being recognized. (only came with one key so couldnt even try the other one) so i thaught it was dead and left it with the battery out for a good few months. Now it starts first time every time!!

The problem now, is that the airbag light is on at about 1/2 brightness when the ignition is OFF, as soon as you turn the key so all the dash lights come on, the airbag comes on (to full brightness) and then goes fully off with all the other lights.. start the car and the light stays out.

Plug the opcom in and there a no error codes what so ever. The airbag and everything are clear. However.. theres one section the opcom just refuses to load, the "Instruments" Section, just stays white, the loading character doesnt even spin : - "| / - \ |" etc.

Anyone know why the light is on dimmly when the ignition is off? It looks like a bad earth or something but im not sure where..

Done a bit of research and really cant find anything like it.. only the odd few but tried most of the things!:palm:

any help would be appreciated , thanks :)

Luke

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, did you ever get to the bottom of this problem, my lads is doing the same, Checked Op-com and the car has no faults what so ever.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just in case anyone has a similar issue, The car had previously had the bulk head leak and nothing done about it, dampness had gotten into the clocks and caused a short on the main board, now cleaned and sorted, airbag light finally out with ignition off.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi had did you sort this out as I have had my clocks out and the plastic back off but can't see how the rest of the clocks come apart ?
I read somewhere they don't come apart ,
I think everything does lol
Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Remove clocks from dash, from the back remove the small torx screws and the Black plastic cover, starting at the top side of the clocks ease out the 4 locating pegs and then the 2 locating pegs on the bottom, this will allow the internals of white plastic clocks to come out from the black casing, once out use a fork to carefully ease of the needles on the speedo/rev counter/fuel gauge and temp gauge, using a small screw driver down both sides of the liquid display ease out the clips holding it in place,once these are off you can pull back on the clips holding the board to the white plastic on the back and the board will come away, I used switch cleaner on the whole board and a tooth brush to clean, allow to dry and test if its still coming on keep on trying paying attention to clearing all track on the board, good luck

·
Registered
13 Posts
That's brilliant info thank you !
All stripped down now and cleaned,although I couldn't really see anything on the board tbh but I'll see if it's resolved when I refit and test it
Thanks again

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just plug the board back in before you pt it all back together, I though the same with mine, didn't look anything wron, I used a sewing needle to rub around the tracks to make sure, mine was just below the Airbag bulb, there is what looks like 3 bulk track horizontally crossing thinner vertical tracks, this is where it solved my issue, 3rd time of asking.worth a shot

·
Registered
13 Posts
All sorted now thank you !
Just cleaned it a couple of times and tried it in before building it all back up ,
Spot mate now
Thank you 🙂

1 - 9 of 9 Posts