All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just wondering, if I drill my airbox, will the car use more petrol aswel because I've heard that I can?

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Shouldn't do. It will all depend on how you drive. Hammer your car everywhere and it will. Drive normally and you shouldn't see any difference.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
As in no increase in fuel consumption like the first post stated, but there also isnt any performance differences, just noise.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok then, cheers lads. I've got a loud as f**k exhaust anyway, will i still be able to tell the difference in sound or will the airbox just give a slightly throatier sound?

·
Registered
148 Posts
or just get a induction kit lol costs a bit of ££ but u will always have a normal air induction (without holes) if it goes wrong or you want 2 sell it or what not :)

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
If your concerned about having holes in the airbox or want to sell it standard, you can buy another one for about a tenner from a scrappy, still cheaper than an induction kit....

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
yea but a proper induction kit = more/better/power/sound then a drilled box.. ? or am i just thinking wrong?
Cool air gives you more power. Sucking Hot air from the engine bay will not give you more power

The ideal way is to have a sealed airbox with a big intake going to it.

A drilled airbox gives you sound not performance...so if your putting your foot down to hear it then you'll see the difference in petrol consumption, as Lee said its how you drive it that makes the difference

·
Registered
148 Posts
my induction has a cold intake only, and its inside a heat shield (cylinder) only cost £35 so its not that much/bad :)
(its not a K&N because of what LAD VXL said about cool air intake)

·
Registered
148 Posts
will get one in a mo just looked at mine and what dearing was on about, and i dont like cuting thing :| lol plus my impack bar is falling off for sum strange reason! it wasn't when i fitted my bumper :S dodgy anyways off 2 take a pic lol

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
yea but a proper induction kit = more/better/power/sound then a drilled box.. ? or am i just thinking wrong?
Buying and induction kit produces less power than a drilled airbox with a panel filter in it, i think this was proved on novaload or a similar site, the gains arent noticeable anyway, its pointless buying an IK if you could drill your box for free and get the same results.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Here is what is looks like, and i know my engine and under bonnet is rusty as hell just shh hopefully getting a respay when im rich lol

This is where it comes out, normally up a bit more so you can't see it just pulled it down to give u an idea

( Click on images to enlarge, hosted by me :D www.corsa.cowtool.com )

dont know if its that good but i like it anyways :D better then a big box filter and looks nicer then a small K&N :)

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Sealed induction kits are normally better than standard cone type like a 57i, there is only a certain amount of air you can cram into your combustion chambers though, the best option is to to try and pick up as much cold air as you can, cold air is more dense, you will be able to cram more into your engine and give a better combustion which will give better performance,

Alboon why do you have you air feed pointing towards the ground? you lose the advantage of having more air being pushed into the feed as you drive along.

·
Registered
148 Posts
because its that WIDE (i can fit my hand into it) that it dont fit no where else, i was thinking about what dearing did with the plastic bit around the radiator but im not good a cuting things lol hmm might try it tho :D lol

1 - 20 of 30 Posts