All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well the time has come to re-new my insurance. However EVERY website and all the companies I phone asks the same questions:

1. Does it have an immobiliser? YES, as far as I'm aware all Corse C's do?

2. Does it have an alarm? NO, well at least not that I'm aware of.

3. Does it have a tracker?

My questions are:

1. Does it have an alarm or just an imobiliser and dead locking doors?

2. Would anyone on here pay £300+ for an imobiliser?

3. does anyone know what kind of premium reduction that you could get from fitting the above?

4. Has anyone on here fitted an alam that interfaces with the built in immobiliser and the electric windows to close them?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
18,555 Posts
I beleive the alarm was an optional extra, I could be wrong but check your paperwork!

To get a proper reduction in insurance you would need a thatcham approved category 1 alarm which you cannot install yourself!
You can spend £200 on an alarm that is cat 1, but without a qualified fitter, you will have wasted it.
Reductions in premium will vary but it does make a difference, it will also deter the *******s from nicking/breaking in to your pride and joy, so less chance of making a claim which is more expense.

I would highly recommend getting one, toad is a good name, just ask an authorised dealer/fitter to recommend one that suits your needs

·
Registered
585 Posts
As mentioned as long as an approved fitter can install it in properly AND stamp the certificate for you, then you can get a reduction on your policy.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys (and girls :) )

Will ask the insurers if they give discounts and will also look into Toad alarms.

·
Registered
476 Posts
ive got a toad alarm and i think its great! your right all corsa cs have an immob, a small chip in the key. and yea you can get it wired up to your windows

·
Registered
138 Posts
get the viper 480x
far superior to the toad ones and not that much more,

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
Some C's you can close the windows by turning the key in the lock and holding it. Only works on certain ones though. The SRi's came with an alarm, I think they were the only ones as standard but as has been stated there was an option for it on other models.
Toad ai606 go for about 110 on ebay, and I got quoted another 100 to fit it.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mine has the window closing feature, I was under the impression that they all have it aong with deadlocks (two presses on the keyfob!).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts