·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Lol, be a bit more specific.

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol well basically was just wondering how hard it would be to fit an alarm and immobiliser but have realised they need to be professionally fitted to be thatcham approved so it would be pointless fitting it my self anyway.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
From experience I'd recommend a Clifford of some sort.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Thanking you.

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yer thats why I need the professional fitting to be able to prove to my insurance.

·
Registered
801 Posts
I paid £250 for a CAT 1 alarm, thats the alarm itself + fittings from a registered fitter, you have to get a stamp and a signiture to ensure its valid. Insurance wouldn't even think about insuring me if I didn't have it.

·
Registered
585 Posts
I've got a Toad AI606 with dual zone microwave sensor. Cost me £40 to my brother for fitting it, I wouldn't want to take it back out it's been that well installed. The alarm and sensor cost me £150 from Ebay brand new.

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yer I have seen that toad, was the one I was thinking of buying just need to find a registered fitter now.

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well thats useful, just rung a auto electrics up to see how much it would cost to fit the alarm and he said he would have to see it before knowing how much it would cost. Anyone have any idea how much abouts it will cost to fit?

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
I've got a Toad AI606 with dual zone microwave sensor. Cost me £40 to my brother for fitting it, I wouldn't want to take it back out it's been that well installed. The alarm and sensor cost me £150 from Ebay brand new.
Toad alarms are fab, I have one.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts