5,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking into a nice alarm but what?

i been looking at Toad etc.

any help would be great cheers :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
ive got a toad ai606 which i would highly recommend, i like the way it locks when you turn the ignition on the only problem is if someone wants to get in or out you have to either pull up the door pin or turn off your ignition. i got mine off ebay, ill see if i can find the seller name for you as he was great to deal with and i know a good few people who have used him for that particular alarm

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
I have heard good things about the toad ai606, get it professionally fitted though for the thatcham approval.

·
Registered
5,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah i want it done by a pro, anyone know if there is any where in sussex? like a toad main dealer etc

·
Registered
103 Posts
ive got a toad ai606 which i would highly recommend, i like the way it locks when you turn the ignition on the only problem is if someone wants to get in or out you have to either pull up the door pin or turn off your ignition. i got mine off ebay, ill see if i can find the seller name for you as he was great to deal with and i know a good few people who have used him for that particular alarm
easy way to unlock is press door open button on fob:thumbs_up:

·
Registered
103 Posts
ive had two toad alarms one in corsa one in bravo had no problems at all great alarm looking into getting a text alert on it next

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
I have heard good things about the toad ai606, get it professionally fitted though for the thatcham approval.
Yeah I've got a Toad Ai606 - wicked alarm. Had it fitted professionally. If it's not fitted professionally and something goes wrong with it, there's no guarantee.

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
yeah i want it done by a pro, anyone know if there is any where in sussex? like a toad main dealer etc
I'm not near sussex so cant actually recommend a place, but when I was going to fit one to my B I just rung around and got a supply and fit price of £210 so best thing to do really is just ring round.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Clifford concept from me. I've had two and would definately buy another.

·
Registered
322 Posts
ive got the toad ai606 as well. the door locking think annoyed me as well. but you can change all the settings, i disabled the closure one ignition, and it added 3 chirps when you arm the alarm

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Aftermarket alarms/imobilsers work the same in all cars.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Doh! should have mentioned the Corsa C has an immobiliser and dead locks fitted as standard (press the door lock button twice) I just wanted something to close the windows when I press the button.

Really I'm just being lazy because I keep forgetting to shut the windows. Which means I then have to put the key back in the ignition, close the windows and remove the key! NOT very cool eh? :laugh:

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
Doh! should have mentioned the Corsa C has an immobiliser and dead locks fitted as standard (press the door lock button twice) I just wanted something to close the windows when I press the button.

Really I'm just being lazy because I keep forgetting to shut the windows. Which means I then have to put the key back in the ignition, close the windows and remove the key! NOT very cool eh? :laugh:
Try putting the key in the door and turning and holding it, might close the windows works on some C's.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts