All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
you all enjoy modifying cars right? then i suggest you read this and act to stop it.

http://www.the-ace.org.uk/armageddon/#more-901

basically the eu are trying to ban modified cars. the consultation took place 2 years ago so they can just push the bill through. it will affect the uk.

·
Banned
8,758 Posts
not gonna happen a massive hype on fb about it will cause far too much damage to everyone who works in the custom car scene! been talked about for years but never happens!

·
Premium Member
8,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
you reckon? the eu is very sneaky at pushing crap like this through, without you knowing. the consultation excersise was done ages ago without us knowing, that speaks volumes.
i reckon it will pass, in some form. biva test for fitting alloys? probably.

hoggy, nothing constructive= random chat.

·
Premium Member
8,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
no, the ace, retrorides, png, mig and a few others. care to explain how its bullshit?

·
The 2nd coming
22,451 Posts
read it. how many times has something similar 'done the rounds'

REALLY?!?!

·
Premium Member
8,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
comment on rr, addressed to the ace rep on there:

tbh, I seriously doubt that no matter how much fighting is done at this late stage will do anything. this has been years in the making, and letter writing and E_petition signing isnt going to stop it. youve got to find literally hundreds of EU politicians who will stand up against the safety nazis AND the environment nazis in the european parliament, making themselves unpopular in the process. not only that they have to turn a MAJORITY in said parliament AND in the EU council to stop it being passed.

do you honestly think that is going to happen?

ace reps reply:
no, we are stuffed.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
I'm with Hoggy, I don't buy it, and I'll not be getting to excited about it.
Think of the extra tuning models manufacturers make, surely it would outlaw them too. Sounds like the usual rubbish that does the rounds.

Although that being said, fair play if people want to protest against it on the off chance it may happen.

·
Premium Member
8,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
read it. how many times has something similar 'done the rounds'

REALLY?!?!
its been mooted for years, the iva/biva/sva was the precursor, as is the tuv in germany. france has already banned modified cars. its just now its on proper legal paper. its real.

·
Registered
9,410 Posts
As I understand it this is already effective in Germany. It's not really my scene, but I think that's the case. Or at least it's partially effective. I remember reading something about all work done on cars has to keep them as per factory spec.

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
This again. Yawn

Reactions: David

·
Premium Member
8,051 Posts
I think all that it will mean is that all mods will have to be approved/passed/governed by some body to make sure they are safe and within what they deem to be 'acceptable'

CGAF anyway.

·
Premium Member
8,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm with Hoggy, I don't buy it, and I'll not be getting to excited about it.
Think of the extra tuning models manufacturers make, surely it would outlaw them too. Sounds like the usual rubbish that does the rounds.

Although that being said, fair play if people want to protest against it on the off chance it may happen.
lee, the manufacturer made ones have type approval from new, it doesnt affect them. it affects the guys fitting alloys and exhausts.

admittedly, it may not get through in its full format, it may be amended, but its the first step to banning outright. and the ace wouldnt be publisiceing (sp) it if it wasnt true.

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
A bulb from Halfords is a mod.

All wheels in shops are mods.

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
What about cars that have been sold years ago with mods to unsuspecting people. Get pulled over and fined?

1 - 20 of 119 Posts