All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would I be better off going for 15 inch TSW Heat alloys or 16 inch on a 1997/98 corsa 1.2 sxi. Im not going to lower it

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
definately 16s

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers, for what reasons? Had mixed answer on another site. Sayings tyres for 16s are really dearer than for 15s and 17s and that small wheels look good on small cars, and that 16s may make it look too high if im not getting it lowered then got:

''16's arnt that much more, £50 a corner isnt exactly alot
Even with a 40 profile thats £60 a corner, IMO thats not too expensive.

Id go for 16's on a corsa, although you wont want any wider than 195 as the offset on corsas leave the wheels sticking out quite far IMO''

·
Registered
5,972 Posts
you just answered the question yourself lol, yeah stick with 195's, not sure what there on about tyres for but never mind.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Lol I didnt! because theres too many different arguements. How do i find out the offset? Now someones said 15s will look too small not lowered so get 16s and someones said leave it stock itl look daft if its not lowered !! :(

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Well i think you really need to decide what look you like first.....its all about individual taste so everyone will give you a different opinion. For example my little corsa sits on 17's!

i'll brake it down for you;

15's = great handling
16's = good handling and good proportions
17's = not quite as good handling so more looks than performance

Start a pic request thread and we will all show you the range this site has to offer :D coz we all a just a bunch of show offs really

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
I have 15s on mine but it's lowered.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Lol easier, well what its £100 for the springs? I couldnt do it myself, that could de value it when I sell it and it can create all type of problems like rubbing and dodgy handling! :( I just wanna see what it would look like without. Why cant stupid halfords sell decent alloys!

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Lowering it will only hamper the handling if you only use springs. If you use a full suspension kit (Around £140 off ebay) your handling will improve a great deal.
Also you will get no problem with rubbing/scraping so long as you stick with 15s or 16s and make sure they are the right offset.
Mines stupidly low with 15s on and big chunky tyres and it only scrapes with 5 people in the car. And I'm sure my wheels are either et38 or et42. THe best for corsas being et45-49.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
This Corsa C hasnt been lowered and thats 16's

why cant there be a corsa B thats not been lowered to show me :(

·
Registered
5,972 Posts
we can help each other, im on the look out for some wheels atm, but i really dont know what i want. im tempted to go for 15's because there are style's i like - dritz, street octanes etc but they only come in 15-17" so i cant decide lol although i really want 16's :( i dunno

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
lol wondering if any one could reccomend any alloys similar to the Heats that DONT stick out. Thats the only thing when viewed from the side you can see they stick out. Doesnt look as good and will be prone to curbing

1 - 20 of 21 Posts