All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've recently got my comps connected to my amp, I've got the RCA leads down the drivers side and all other leads down the passengers side. I'm getting what I think is alternator whine coming through the speakers, theres a slight whine which coincides with engine revs and theres a constant buzzing sound, which I've read is interference from the spark plugs. Any idea of how to eliminate these sounds? I've already got the RCA leads as far away from the power lead as possible so I don't know what else I can do lol.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Have you checked that there arent any loose wires or cables touching the chassis or other part of the car? it might be an earth but i cant remember.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's earthed to the piece of metal under a bolt which goes into the chassis, I think its one of the bolts that holds the rear clusters in. Paints been scratched off and it's clearly making a connection because the amp wouldn't work if there wasn't a good connection. It happened when I didn't scratch enough off at first lol. I read somewhere that you have to have the same earth points to eliminate the noise, but that was for a Seat Leon, and it's all earthed to the same thing in the end anyway so I don't know how much truth there is in that.

·
Registered
447 Posts
this is going to sound stupid, but; if you just use a very rough grade to take the paint of - you leave a rough surface, full of peaks and troughs. so when you conect up to it, you are only actually touching the PEAKs of these bumps, so the connection may not be as good as you think it is. i tend to use thinners and/or very fine grade sandpaper. this is how i stopped my buzzing noise. I had the symptoms you have, and when i rev my car, the pitch of the buzzing changes? You could also try a groud loop isolator if this method doesnt work.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah the buzzing pitch changes when the engine is revved along with the whine. To be honest I only used a screwdriver to scrape the paint off :laugh: So to eliminate the buzzing and whine it was a case of just making a better earth connection? And you did that by using a fine grade sand paper? I'm not trying to be awkward here but how does a better earth connection eliminate the interference?

·
Registered
7 Posts
tyr takinan earth from a seatbelt point as well n satay away from the lights, thats wot i did an no probs at all mate

·
Registered
447 Posts
Yes im not sureon the techical side of things why a better earth solves the problem, but ive read many trouble shoot proceedures and this seems to be the way to solve the problem

1 - 7 of 7 Posts