All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all :) So heres my problem i hope someone can help me i have just put an amp in the car and think i've wired it all up correctly 12v from battery, remote wire to radios power, and ground to the chasis
But the thing is when i went to start the car today (1st time since saturday night) it had a flat battery any advice or ideas how this happened? or how to fix it? any help would be really appreciated thanks in advance Ryan

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I see :laugh: i'm going to go check it has that, i thought it went to radios power, cheers hoggy :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Right it has
ignition wire - red (Ive connected amp to this)
ground - black
memory permanent 12v - orange
auto ariel - orange/white

the rest are for speakers

Doesnt have a remote wire :confused:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Would it work if i just put a switch on the remote wire i have running to the head unit? :(

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's alright i've figured it out i've just put a switch on the remote wire to radio power an it turns amp on and off, just connected my neons together so there constant live atm ordered a new rocker switch off ebay for them though, cheers for the help anyway Ryan

·
Registered
888 Posts
was about to say, thanks to chase and his marvellous thinking, he put the remote from the battery to the amp on mine since I lost the remote wire I had, the new wire running from the battery has a fuse on it so when I'm not using it I just need to remove the fuse, I know its a hassle going in and out the bonnet all the time, but when I get around to fitting the popper to the boot lid then I can just take the fuse out the amp to kill the power. It works, its just a round about way of doing it.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Yeah I have my remote from my amp going to a switch and power and negative from the switch to cig lighter

You're all now going to say that "whats the point in that? cig lighter works on ign live"

Well because I'm not the only person who drives my car and I don't think my dad would always want my sub on ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts