All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
rite installed my sub in the car 2day, n it keeps blowing fuses wen i plug the rca leads in... ive checked 4 shorts on all the cables 2 the sub n everything n cant see any.. but asoon as i plug the rca leads in it pops the fuse.. its alrite wen i plug 1 of the leads in, jus wen the 2nd 1 goes in, it pops... but i was thinkin, do i really need both the left n right rca leads in because its an sub, its only mono... but then again im using the left n right output on the sub amp 2 connect my 4 channel amp 4 my components etc.. so will i need both the rca jacks in the sub amp 2 run my components properly on the otha amp???

·
Registered
79 Posts
Sounds like your headunit could be up the shoot! either that or your amp!

Have you checked all earths and all wires for small splits in the insulation of the wires (or even splits in the RCA cable itself, as it could be shorting out on part of the body!)

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
What sxibeast said i would say, but wait for Martins input into this, he's the one to ask for i.c.e stiff:)

·
Registered
447 Posts
Lets look at getting it sorted instead of a way around it mate ;)

WWhat one keeps blowing the fuse? What if you swap the wires around (plug right in left, left in right). This will show us wether its a faulty wire, or a fault else where.

I assume your car is off while all this takes place? What fuse is it that blows? You should really put the fuse in last when connecting up an instal

1 - 5 of 5 Posts