All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Wanting to run an ICE system on amps rather than inline on the head. Got an 1800w sub in the boot, 2 x 400w 6x9's on parcel shelf and 2 x 210w's in the front. What kind of amp would I need? My subwoofer is active, so would I need an amp for that or just keep it active?

Also looking for some head room on the amp incase I want to upgrade in the future.

Cheers,
Adam

·
Premium Member
18,555 Posts
Active subwoofer means it'll already have an amp built in - probably easier to leave it as it is.
Also you are quoting max watts (which don't really mean much) - RMS values are what you need to look for :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They are max values. I believe the fronts are 70W RMS and not sure on the backs. They're Kenwood 400w 6x9's on the shelf if that's any good?

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
80w RMS. Suggestions?

Also looking at a power cap. How do farad's work and what kinda farad would be beneficial for this type of system?
Also will that amp leave me some head room to upgrade in the future?

·
Registered
894 Posts
80w RMS. Suggestions?

Also looking at a power cap. How do farad's work and what kinda farad would be beneficial for this type of system?
Also will that amp leave me some head room to upgrade in the future?
rule of thumb is 1 farad is 1000W. Powercraps are rubbish anyway, do a big 3 upgrade and a bigger battery.

A 4x100W amplifier will power those speakers, any brand will be fine. Edge one from halfrauds for 80 quid will do the job

1 - 8 of 8 Posts