All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick quiry really... I have these lights:

They're great but i was wondering about the wiring.

I wired the sidelight wires to the LED ring and the headlights and full beam seem to be working fine with the supplied bulbs i got with the lights but there is a couple of things i still havent really considered.

1. What did you do with the wires for the light height adjustments/motor

2. What goes in here or what can i put in here:

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How do i wire an extra light up though because the wires are connected to the rings now.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
there's no where for the sidelight bulb to plug into though the hole on the actual headlights is just loose and no plug.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
does anyone know how to wire in the LED ring, I have bear ended wires. Im supposed to wire them to my sidelights, but not sure how to do it. A guide reads "The most common and recommend place to connect the Halo wires to are on your vehicle's PARKING light wiring harness." But how exactly?

I found this but it didnt help THAT much Click here

·
Registered
197 Posts
I assume all Corsas have the same PARKING light?

If so they only work with the ignition off and the indicator in the up/down position and then they only light one side!

The only way I could think of wiring them is through a seperate switch/fuse, that way you could switch them on/off seperatly.

EDIT: Having looked at the picture and then at my Corsa, I have one indicator, one sidelight, one dipped headlight and one for main beam, is this the same as your Corsa?

I had a mad idea to connect a switch onto the standard light switch that would switch between sidelights and the 'halo' lights, but that might be a bit more difficult.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Mine are exactly the same as LAD VXL's in pics above...

I just need to connect the halo rings to the same plug/socket/wire as the sidelights/parking lights use, i've plugged the bare wires for the rings into the sidelight socket itself to try them and they work but then obviously i cant then plug my parking/sidelights into the same one....

·
Registered
197 Posts
I get it!

You need to cut the sidelight wire and solder the 'halo' wire into it, remeber to make sure it's waterproof when you've finished though!

I remember a clip years ago that when shut it would attach a second wire to one that already exists, I think they're called scotchblocks, but they're a bit of a bodge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts