All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I'm new to this, bought some angel eye lights second hand from eBay, I took the old ones out and they had 3 pins but my angel eyes only have 1 pin on the back, how can I connect them? Please help...

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Build a wiring harness to connect your H4 plug to the bulbs. You could probably buy them online to be honest.

Not sure what you mean by only 1 pin though.

Pictures would be a great help

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry I dont now how lol you know the standard lights have the 3 pins coming out the back for the connector, well my angel eyes only have 1 pin coming out...

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Again, take a picture and more people can help.
Im thinking you mean that You got angel eyes without check what bulbs they use and then found out that they are H1 bulbs and your corsa uses H4 bulbs.

If so, that single connector is the +ve of the bulb, and the matel surrounding the bulb is the -ve.

So basically, your angel eyes would have 2 of those bulbs. One is for your high beam, one is for the low beam.

Hold the original headlight connector on your hand and look directly at it so the wires are going away from you and you are looking into the slots where the headlamp plugs into.

Mkae ure you have a slot on the left, slot on the right, and a slot on the top, none at the bottom.

The slot on the left goes to the connector on the high beam bulb
The slot on the top goes to the low beam bulb
The slot on the right goes to the metal surrounding the bulbs

Hope that helps

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
it helps a lot but how do you connect these? lol ill post a picture now...
Again, take a picture and more people can help.
Im thinking you mean that You got angel eyes without check what bulbs they use and then found out that they are H1 bulbs and your corsa uses H4 bulbs.

If so, that single connector is the +ve of the bulb, and the matel surrounding the bulb is the -ve.

So basically, your angel eyes would have 2 of those bulbs. One is for your high beam, one is for the low beam.

Hold the original headlight connector on your hand and look directly at it so the wires are going away from you and you are looking into the slots where the headlamp plugs into.

Mkae ure you have a slot on the left, slot on the right, and a slot on the top, none at the bottom.

The slot on the left goes to the connector on the high beam bulb
The slot on the top goes to the low beam bulb
The slot on the right goes to the metal surrounding the bulbs

Hope that helps
I have already said how to connect them

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

http://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc493/kmercer10/SAM_0386.jpg[/IMG

Does this make any more sense?

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Just do exactly as I said in the last post. See those tabs coming up from the metal framework? They are the '2nd' connector of the bulb, even though they are not part of the bulb.

·
Registered
661 Posts
mine came with a wiring loom but basically all you need to do is make one the surround around the bulb is earth/ negative then the bulb is poistive. You also have to wire up the full beam this is the inner lamp since there seperate.

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Get yourself a bit of cable from B&Q or somewhere mate, and then put some spade terminals on the end of them. Mapin or any car shop sell the spade connectors and cable mate. A loacl car shop might even make them up for you.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts