All Corsa Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car has just started to tick, I can't pin point exactly where from but it's on the left hand side (as you look into the engine bay) I think it's coming from the plastic case on the left hand aide of the engine or around d that area, it's a z20let engine cheers

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Link doesn't work for me.

Take
It you've checked oil?

If its fast tick, it could be coming from injector.

Use a long screwdriver and try and locate course of the noise

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Use a long screwdriver and try and locate course of the noise

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Create your own thread, saves original poster checking thinking somebody is helping them

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Think I have this ticking noise at the top left of my bay also. Seemed to be coming near a plastic box. Might have to look into this. Major?
this is same as what I have, thanks for help

Create your own thread, saves original poster checking thinking somebody is helping them
this lol

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just had a look it seems to be coming from under tophat, also there was a weird noise of like a air leak or similar from behind the top hat area I got a video but nit sure if you can hear it, if it was the lifters what area would the noise be?

·
Registered
9,910 Posts
Lifters would be under the camshaft cover. No idea how easy to clean but i'd imagine the camshafts would need to be removed to do it. All my cars have had shims instead of hydraulic lifters.

If possible can you put your hand around the top hat whilst someone gives the engine a rev? If there's a boost leak there then that would make it easier to feel

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Lifters would be under the camshaft cover. No idea how easy to clean but i'd imagine the camshafts would need to be removed to do it. All my cars have had shims instead of hydraulic lifters.

If possible can you put your hand around the top hat whilst someone gives the engine a rev? If there's a boost leak there then that would make it easier to feel
Right ok, want to avoid removing cams as much as I can, also I have been told if I drop the oil then make a mixture of 3l of diesel and 1.5l of oil and put that in then run car for half hour ish then drip the oil again then refill as normal that should give it all a good clean, could that sort a sticky lifter? And I will try check for a boost leak from the back aswell cheers

1 - 20 of 47 Posts