All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
9,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't plan on replacing the Corsa right now, but as time goes on the temptation to get a nicer car is getting really strong. This is a thread so i don't spam my project thread or Random chat with potential cars

Next car will probably be a VW, Seat, Skoda or Audi. Will need to be a diesel and with good tuning potential due to the miles i do.

Would consider other cars, but reliability and fuel come first, then performance and looks.

Probably will have a budget of around 3k. Seen this today and it's rather tempting but it's a lot of distance to travel if it turns out to have too many problems

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...eywords/anniversary/postcode/g824ll?logcode=p

·
Registered
9,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've been looking at the Bora Highline models as well as the 25th Anniversary Golfs. Either way it would need to be the 150bhp model to make it worth while.

Would consider a Polo 1.9tdi as well but they need a lot more work to make good power.
The 150bhp PD's came with the best turbo / injector & intercooler set up and the Anniversary ones came with nicer interiors with brushed alloy parts & Recaro seats.

Other less desirable choices would be Yaris 1.4tdi, Clio 1.5tdi, Corsa C 1.7dti and 306 1.9d turbo.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
A4 3.0 tdi :p fooking rapid. So much torque! I think they do a twin turbo diesel aswell!

As said on another thread there are so many that are/have been modded there loads of info on maps, fmic kits etc :)

·
Registered
9,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
BMW? If not I'd go for a golf or an a4
The BMW's seem good value for money.
Problem is the 330D has a better engine than the 320D but the manual gearbox is already pretty much on the limit at standard 330D power so it's risky to remap
320D is prone to swirl flap and turbo problems. Depending on the price though i'd consider either but not as keen on them as the 1.9 tdi vag's

A4 3.0 tdi :p fooking rapid. So much torque! I think they do a twin turbo diesel aswell!

As said on another thread there are so many that are/have been modded there loads of info on maps, fmic kits etc :)
Don't think i could get a good manual model for £3000 or under through. Needs to be 50+mpg as well and don't want one with an insane tax band :(

:laugh:

Diesel?
This^^

These videos make me want one of the 1.9tdi's a bit more

Would never go this extreme looking for power, but not bad for a 60+mpg car

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
Face lift 320d is a lot more reliable. Tell you what you want, a ford fiesta zetec s... I may know someone selling one, great car :shocked:

I'm going to watch this thread, I want something similar no. 200bhp, 50mpg

·
Registered
9,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Got notification today that after two years my job won't be secure anymore in the sense i might not have one where i'm working just now.

Worst case scenario, i can't find another job need to sell the Corsa, my broadband will be cut off and you never hear from me again (yay?)

Best case scenario, i find another job but with a massive wage drop. Next to no chance i'll find another job with similar pay to what i get just now.

That means if i go for another car now, i'll be looking at reliability, cheap to maintain / repair and good on fuel. (70+mpg)

So far all i can think of

Clio 1.5 diesel (not a fan of the build quality and long term reliability is questionable)
Yaris 1.4 diesel
Polo / Lupo 1.4 diesel

1 - 20 of 71 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.