All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey... just recently passed my driving test around 2 month ago... and im loving driving.. ha ha anyway... i have a Silver Corsa (as shown below) and have just decided i want it to be different... as you know insurence on cars for lads my age is sky high so i wouldnt wanna make any changes that would effect that... i was thinking about getting some stripes going down the front and back and on the roof off centre ones but not too sure if it would look good could you all please give me some recomendations on what you think i should do to my car Cheers Glen

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Nice car for a first car.

Stripes are a big NO unless you have a dodge viper. They just look tacky and don't suit the car.
Simple mods I would suggest is lower it, a set of decent alloys, then maybe a backbox.

Oh and :welcome:

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
If you dont want to affect the insurance maybe de lock and colour code. I kow what you mean about the insurance being sky high, we just have to get on with it though. Nice car and welcome

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
either dont declaire your mods, or get insured with a modifed car insurance like adrien flux, or someone who doesnt mind cosmetic mods like quinn direct.
otherwise you cant do ANYTHING if your not wanting it to affect insurance lol. even a colour code would chance it if you were to declaire it.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Yup nice first car , insurance rape you when you just passed like they did me with all my mods on :) *******s . hehe welcome to allcorsa mate !

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
sxi wheels ??? or twinport wheels?? as these a guenuine vaux parts probably bit cheaper on insurance to declare im not certain on that tho?

striped are for dodge vipers not corsas

·
Banned
521 Posts
Im sure ally off here with the orange corsa b will disagree about the viper stripes, lol. As someone suggested, sxi/sri/exclusive alloys will be fine as their a genuine vauxhall part, Sri Lower grill would also be cool as its cheap (£18 or somethin) i bought one for my old c, and a steiny grill would look amazing but there £120 odds.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks

Im sure ally off here with the orange corsa b will disagree about the viper stripes, lol. As someone suggested, sxi/sri/exclusive alloys will be fine as their a genuine vauxhall part, Sri Lower grill would also be cool as its cheap (£18 or somethin) i bought one for my old c, and a steiny grill would look amazing but there £120 odds.
Yeah Thanks for all ur suggestions keep them comin ha ha... and yeah ive found some SXI alloys for £120 the the local scrap yard so ill be getting them ... ill post more pics when i get them but i might get some sponser stickers to go down my door i know i only have a corsa and some people think it will look tacky but im only 17 so i dont really mind ha ha... and by the way mark could you post some pictures or links to pictures of the sri lower grill and steiny grill. Cheerk Keep the suggestions coming.

·
Registered
107 Posts
The stickers will look chavvy mate. Go for subtle mods, Sxi wheels, sri springs, de-locked handles, de-badged grill.

I assume you want the stickers so you get noticed, but it'll only get noticed by the wrong kind of people.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Signs

Thanks again for your comments keep them coming... i was just wondering my friends got a corsa and hes taken the vauxhall and corsa signs off the back of the car was just wondering if i should do that do you think it would good good or not? comment please glen

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Sticking on a nice set of hub caps wont do anything to the insurance, and could make it look a bit better. just a suggestion

·
Registered
497 Posts
I heard that if you change something on the car, you don't have to declare it if it's a genuine Vauxhall part, I assume its a case of "How did they know the car didn't come with it/them?" Well thats what I've heard as long as they aren't aftermarket products. And in regard to the viper stripes, I have seen one corsa around here with them that I think actually looks pretty good, it's a nice deep blue/purple (don't know the name of the colour) and the stripes are white. I'm sure I heard the sound of a turbo when it drove past once, which makes me think maybe its got a 2.0 turbo in there :D.

I think debadging would look good btw. Maybe get the windows tinted?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Cheers

Cheers mate yeah a think im gunna ask the man at the place where they put the stripes on if he think it will look good see what he thinks.... and yeah im gunna debadge it does anyone know how i heard that u use a hairdrier and a credit card... i was thinking about tinted windows but the insurence would go up.... Kepp the comments coming... Glen

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
hi :welcome:

i would def not get strips they just look chavy.i didnt think window tints put your insurance up? the moment you put alloy wheels on ect they will rape you.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
LOL stripes, dont do stupid mods like that mate, your car is standard and you want stripes on it, just take a minute to sit back and think how silly it will look:) Get some sxi alloys, de-badge, de-lock etc... Subtle styling is the way forward:)

·
Registered
696 Posts
anything you do to your car can technicaly void your insurance if it is different to how it rolled out of the factory, it just depends how much detail you want to go.

my alloys cost me £37 for the year extra to insure, so you would be surprised! that was at 18 too..

theres very few instances where stripes look good, vipers, Fiesta ST's, Focus Wolf edition ST's, lol. thats not saying they wont look good on your car if part of a theme. stuck on a factory standard car would look odd to say the least :)

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
stripes live on addidas trousers and we all know who wears them .

dont get any stickers.

debadging is a good simple mod. maybe remove the bumpstrips?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts