All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
could they please pm me as i have a few questions about the conversion that i need answered asap.

Thanks
M.

·
Banned
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well when i bought my engine it was advertised as a gsi engine. I stupidly forgot to ask if it was a corsa gsi engine or not. I recieved it and its a nova gsi engine. I know the driveshafts wont fit but i think my originals might fit. Question is are the mounts the same? Can i still use my power steering?

Thanks in advance
M.

·
Registered
390 Posts
mark u will be ble to use the standrd corsa mounts, retaining the power steerin shouldnt be a problem, and tbh i dot think the driveshafts will be a problem, cant remember what gearbox came as standard with that engin, it will be a fairly straight forward swap tho :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
as i said the novas shafts are shorter then the corsa one, ive been there thats why ive got my corsa gsi shafts back and had to order gsi nova shafts, retain the mounts from the sri engine, not sure but your power steering might have the ribbed belt and the nova engine tends to have the v belt pas pump but ive got one here anyway that you can use if need be

d

·
Registered
585 Posts
I replied to your PM Mark, been reformatting the PC so not been on in a few days (hard to juggle around work). Anyway, I didn't realise you wanted to keep the PAS in my reply so everything still stands bar the part about the PAS pump and the belt :laugh:

You can use the 1.4 gearbox to clear that up.....I kept the flywheel from the 1.4 too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts