All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 20 of 180 Posts

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So First of all, i apologize to the people i upset with random bursts of anger, and also im going to stop posting random crap and stupid ideas. Ive spoke to One of the sites moderators sam_homepc and im starting my project thread again, From now on im only posting things i have done and not the things im going to do.

I would appreciate it if people took this thread seriously and respect the fact that i have changed my ways.
Moving on

This is my arden blue corsa b 1.2 Sxi I purchased it of a friend for £500
It has Alot of Awesome extras.

These Extras include the following
Irmscher splitter

Irmscher Skirts

Color coded door handles, boot lock surround, debumb stripped,full exterior color coding. The car has also been lowered 60mm

And thats how it was stock, so some personalization was entirely necessary
Got some Ngk Spark plugs

scanned my old clocks and made these in photoshop

And now my Simple Boot build + ice system
(currentally) consisting of

2 x kenwood Parcel shelf speakers
1 x 3m 19" touch screen monitor

This is my box for the Touch screen

inside the car with the monitor inside

Today my carpet and spray glue arrived So i re carpeted my boot floor and did the touch screen surround in carpet.

Some little touches inside the boot were, (Standard boot light override switch) and a switch for a pair of blue leds i added.

this is what i got

Nighttime shot

Bright!

The sides of the boot are all scrated and knacked so im upholstering them in black carpet, (thats on order)

thanks updates shortly.

Edit, Lights look alot better in the dark :)

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Little Suggestion, instead of them small blue lights why not some small strip neons, down each side of the boot build.

is it me or that picture of your parcel shelf, looks like its bowing

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Looks familiar? did you have a project before?

Reactions: LifeJunkie

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Little Suggestion, instead of them small blue lights why not some small strip neons, down each side of the boot build.

is it me or that picture of your parcel shelf, looks like its bowing
The small blue lights are superbright they give a real nice look :)
i dont like neons...

My parcel shelf is bowing thats on my list of new things :thumbs_up:

thanks

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Wouldnt it look better if you cut into the plastic and placed them 2 switches into the actual plastic, would look more professional once its been done with carpet as well, that way you would have them nicely put in over the carpet. If that makes any sence

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
the exterior looks mint, a nice set of white speed lines would look mint.
Yeah im getting rid of the sxi wheels haha
speed lines never heard of them untill now, they look great what car were they born on?

thanks

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wouldnt it look better if you cut into the plastic and placed them 2 switches into the actual plastic, would look more professional once its been done with carpet as well, that way you would have them nicely put in over the carpet. If that makes any sence
yeah im actually doing that once i get the carpeting
also the led's need replacing as down lighters because as you can see on the nighttime picture you cant see anything, they blind you.

thanks for the suggestions they shall go forward! :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Tidy example, I agree with whoever said it needs speedlines that would really set it off, and a CC "v" Grill?

Out of curiosity waht function does the touch screen serve?
Has it got an output wired from the HU or is it free standing with something else?

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Purely my opinions and meant constructively.
You have a mint base car, don't ruin it with all these useless chavtastic addons you're doing. **** off all the electronics and get the outside done perfect.

Go for new wheels, a nice set of coilovers, new front and back lights, then start tinkering with the inside. A word of advice from someone who has been there and got the t-shirt, then donated it to charity......you will look back in a few years and wonder what on Earth you were thinking of bolting all this **** into your car.

I used to have subs/amp and the like and thought it was ace, then got rid of everything and spent 2 years listening to the sound of the car for my music. Even now I prefer not to have the radio in the and just have the window down.

In summary, think long and hard about what you are putting into your car, as you can easily end up making it ****.

Reactions: lipsmoker

·
Registered
479 Posts
wont the magnets from the 6x9 damage the screen...?

Just a thought.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Nice little motor you got going there. Not to my taste with the touch screen but then again if all of us had the same looking cars it would be a rather boring website.
Hope it goes well for ya

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Tidy example, I agree with whoever said it needs speedlines that would really set it off, and a CC "v" Grill?

Out of curiosity waht function does the touch screen serve?
Has it got an output wired from the HU or is it free standing with something else?
i want to be unique might just have it wired up to a laptop that stores all my music and stuff (saves having a million Cds around) when ever i want more music ill download some when im parked at home (wireless)

Anybody know if a headunit can access a computer to share music files? either via bluetooth or hardwired. cheers

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
wont the magnets from the 6x9 damage the screen...?

Just a thought.
I Took that into consideration just now, thanks for reminding me haha
Extension leads out too the car for some reason the 6x9 arnt affecting the screen at all no color fading or anything?

1 - 20 of 180 Posts