Colour coded bump strips
Colour coded Sideskirts
Colour coded door handles
Bonnet lifters
Wind deflectors

·
Registered
931 Posts
Would you be interested in buying the bumb strips and door handles for painting?? I have a full set with a de-locked drivers :)

·
Registered
293 Posts
Plans:

Wash, 't-cut', clay, polish, wax
Upholstery clean carpets
Clean engine bay

Smoked side reps
New aerial
New plates
Tax disc holder
Tailored velour mats
New rear mudflaps
Vectra SRI alloys or Astra SXI alloys
GSI headlights (depo style)
Smoked rear lights (SRI)
SRI Spoiler
New gear gaitor
Flat/aero wipers front & new rear wiper
Underseal

Longterm:
Colour coded bump strips
Colour coded Sideskirts
Colour coded door handles
Bonnet lifters
Wind deflectors
Plans sound good, wouldnt t-cut it though.. get it machine polished instead.. if you are not confident doing it yourself most bodyshops will do it for a nominal fee

Is that a 4 disc changer on the dash there, at the bottom of the heater panel on the centre console?
They are just storage for cd's

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Plans sound good, wouldnt t-cut it though.. get it machine polished instead.. if you are not confident doing it yourself most bodyshops will do it for a nominal fee

They are just storage for cd's
Hence the quotation marks, I have a machine polisher and some meguires stuff to use. Never used it before, but there's a first time for everything :)

and yeah, I thought it was a CD changer at first, but its just individual storage for 4 CDs :laugh:

·
Registered
293 Posts
Go slow and dont press on too hard, if you get a set of bathroom scales and press down on them with your hands until its registering roughly 10lbs thats roughly the amount of pressure required. Havent used megs stuff myself but have heard good reports.

·
Registered
5,593 Posts
love this colour, i'm getting an astra soon too although mine will be a 3 door, bored of the corsa now, just waiting for insurance and money,

oh and as for interior the higher spec ones like the sxi and sri come with recaro's like the seats in my corsa, thats what i'll be getting :)

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
love this colour, i'm getting an astra soon too although mine will be a 3 door, bored of the corsa now, just waiting for insurance and money,

oh and as for interior the higher spec ones like the sxi and sri come with recaro's like the seats in my corsa, thats what i'll be getting :)
I wanted an SRI, but was looking for a 5 door, the only one I could find was either the 1.8 or 2.0, which would have been too much on insurance. Although the sports seats would have been nice, I'm more than happy with the 1.6 :)

Driving this compared to the corsa, I wonder how anybody can put up with the corsa but if its all you know then you just get on with it. Didn't realise what I was missing.

Small update too.

Used some Meg ultimate compound, pretty good results to be fair. Also stuck some Halfords polish on top just for now untill I give the whole car a good going over. Was just keen to see what sort of finish I could get from it.

Tried to do some of those before and after shots, didn't really work though. :laugh:

The first two are half and halfs, the right hand side done the left hand side not done. The bottom one is the finished product.

·
Registered
5,593 Posts
looks good, yeah i did a quote on a 1.8 sri and its not too bad but might just stick with a 1.6 lol

·
Registered
5,593 Posts
do they even do a 1.6 sri, i've been looking but all the sri's i've found have been 1.8

1 - 20 of 139 Posts