All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
iv seen it done a few times, but a mate of mine said they need a lot of modification to go into corsa clocks cos their a different size and shape, but they go straigt into novas. he said theres a guy on migweb or some other site (he couldnt remember wich) that sells ones that are ready to go into corsa's, anyone have any idea? because i really want to do it because they look mint.
or has anyone had any experience with putting the normal ones in corsas?
cheers

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
its not a hard job to do, just depends on how perfect a fit you want, ive got the wiring diagram on my computer as soon as i find it ill post it up

d

·
Registered
47 Posts
wiring is easy it is colour for color just remember to conect the speed sense to the ecu or you get the light on the hardest part is the transducer if your battery tray don't unscrew it's a right pain like mine was, as for fitting there's a bit of choppin' and the lad who does them charges 100 quid and your surround i got his number somewhere but i making my own,

going to local plastic place get it made from black plastic and then fit in

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
theres a place near me thats wiring up my heated calibra seats and valvering my mates nova, i might see if they will do it, because idont really understand how to do it.
do you just make a frame the same size as your standard clocks, and then cut the astra clocks down so they fit?

·
Registered
47 Posts
basiclly yeah, cut the sloping front panel off so they are flat then cut some of the dash out and fit them in and make a template to fit,

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hmmmm i heard theres 2 wires on the back to wind the clocks forwards and backwards using a 9v battery or something? cos i want them to be genuin millage as my cars low millage for its age, and il probs leave the clocks in when i sell it anyways, so i want the clocks to tell the truth haha.

also i know the old corsa's the speedo uses a cable, where as mine is all electronic, so r the clocks all electronic or do they use a cable aswell? cos im guessing if the clocks use a cable to determine the speed then im pretty ****ed really....

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hmmm, theres an auto electronics place near me that are going to wire up heated leather calli seats, might ask them if they will sort it out for me :)

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
this is a bit over done these days, theres plenty of wiring diagrams to fit the vx220 stack type dash in the corsa, fair doos it more expensive but its a lot more modern looking

d

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hmmm i might have to check out what the vx220 dash looks like actually.
but i fancied digital, otherwise id just put sri clocks in lol

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
I enjoy the look of the corsa c clocks in the corsa b.

·
Registered
497 Posts
All this talk of changing entire dash clocks, I imagine it would be fairly difficult? I'm worried about trying to change the colour of the bulbs behind mine without changing the clocks! Lol.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
its easy if the other clocks fit withot modifiation ;)

its simple swapin bulbs mate, jus take the screw out, pop the clocks out, tek screws out of clock, unscrew bulbs, screw new ones in, than do all the above but backwars to put em back in :D

·
Registered
497 Posts
Still sounds in depth, and knowing me I'll lose or break something :( Or I won't remember how it all goes back together lol.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts