All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I decided to start a new project thread for my new car. Not got alot of plans for this really.

Anyway on to the new car.

It's an Astra MK4 Club 1.6 8v.
Bought it about 2 weeks ago to replace my Corsa B, as got bored of it.

Plans are.
Replace front and rear bumpers.
Replace drivers rear door.
Fit some Astra SXI alloys.
Maybe lower it.
New number plates.
Fit electric mirrors and windows.
Plus whatever else I decide to do.

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
:(

Reactions: Bradders

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
I quite like the coupes.
Chris, I'm heading up your way soon to goto the breakers. You working today?

·
Registered
9,410 Posts
Looks in good condition - virtually unbreakable engines so long as the timing belt is kept up to date (plus 5k oil changes and coolant changed on spec.)

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I quite like the coupes.
Chris, I'm heading up your way soon to goto the breakers. You working today?
Yes mate I'm off today. Got to go beakers myself. Won't be going until after 10 though.

Looks in good condition - virtually unbreakable engines so long as the timing belt is kept up to date (plus 5k oil changes and coolant changed on spec.)
The pictures make it look good, in person the body work isn't that great. Need to get the timing belt done asap, as it hasn't been done since 2005 so it's well over due.

Will have coolant changed when I do the timing belt. Due an oil change aswell.

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Well I'm going to garage first, then to Machine Mart near you, but can drop by your place after which should be around 10ish if you like?

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
I'm off. Give me a call/text around 10 and if I'm still up that way I'll pop over to you or meet you at the breakers.

EDIT: Just see your message. I got to go get some credit on my phone now :)

·
Banned
8,758 Posts
not a fan I'm afraid.. my next door neighbour has one and it annoys the shit out of me!

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Welcome to the AC Astra club.

It has lots of potential, you have there a very rare astra, practically EVERY mk4 had electric windows as standard, even air con. That must be a very early, low spec club with practically no options ticked. It even has orange side reps? Oh dear.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Welcome to the AC Astra club.

It has lots of potential, you have there a very rare astra, practically EVERY mk4 had electric windows as standard, even air con. That must be a very early, low spec club with practically no options ticked. It even has orange side reps? Oh dear.
Thanks David.
Yep pretty much low spec, at least I can fit electric windows as the main loom into the car has the correct wiring, so that won't be to hard to sort.

I do have air con, possibly won't use it much in the summer. Will sort the side reps out soon.

·
Registered
9,410 Posts
If the air con works it'll be a miracle. But make sure you use it at least every couple of weeks all year round. It's not just for summer cooling. In the winter it also dries the air out helping prevent steaming up.

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Kind of agree with Bead unfortunately :(

If you're happy then that's all that matters really

·
Banned
8,758 Posts
Kind of agree with Bead unfortunately :(

If you're happy then that's all that matters really
Anal im guessing :laugh: ?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts