100bhp
rear badge been removed from boot
smd led conversion on Speedo to blue
Front interior light and map lights smd LEDs

my plans arent to do much as of now just few cosmetic changes for now
refurb the alloys
spray the grill black?

i will hopefully get around to getting a dtuk box more performance and economy
definaty a panel filter not sure if induction kits work well on this or not?

been told that it will fuff up the air flow meter

maybe go down the route of a bigger intercooler change the turbo?

not sure if its worth changing turbos on these or not?

and maybe back box exhaust after few changes get a re map

anyway got it friday last week drove it to the bowling meet was absoutly fine
then monday leaving for college and battery light came on intial thought was that alternator going then the power steering was going all sorts aa came and said it was the alternator so switched battery twice before getting home then today ive had new alternator put on and 2 new tyres flipping expensive

£140 alternator
£160 for 2 toyos t1r
also gave it a service nice and easy on these engines

anyway some pictures here now looks 10x better now that ive given it a clean

mmm swirl marks!

comments welcome!

·
Registered
9,910 Posts
Nice mate.

In terms of tuning they can make around 125bhp with just a remap alone. If it was me i'd just stick with a performance panel filter or if i was going to go induction then a Pipercross Venom or Viper would give best gains. Means when you get it remapped more fuel can be added with less chance of too much black smoke when you floor it

Performance cat back system or removal of the cat works good as well and helps the turbo spool up abit faster so reduces the lag and can help peak bhp a little

If i was you i'd do the above with a live map after it and you should get 130Bhp if it's a healthy engine, with better fuel and more better driveability.

Turbo and intercooler would give you more gains but mega expensive and you might only get around 150bhp tops even with them. They'll make it more laggy as well and ruin the drivability a little.

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
i love the interior its so much more modern. I like the three door shape, but not a fan of the 5door.

Ive driven the 1.4 petrol and its quite a good drive, good through corners. The 1.7 diesel should be impressive.

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Nice upgrade, and nice looking car.

Good choice

Reactions: zapmole

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah it has done good speed even got a sport button
O know what you mean with the grey interior but it works with it being moden its not as light grey

Handles 10x better than the corsa

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Had my renewal from admiral cone through they wanted 2k just rang sky and got it for 942 with £50 knocked off and 20% discount and 3 years no claims and 1 accident non fault fully comp

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh yes much faster doesn't have tge same power soon as you put your foot down as petrol but use it in tge right rev range and it can shift for a diesel after a few mods should be bit faster I feel as it lacks power for a 1.7 though

Intercooler has bent fins so might be due to it not having enough cool air?

·
Registered
9,910 Posts
Turbo diesels, especially when standard usually have a different power delivery to any petrol engine. You'll initially get a little lag when flooring it, then a surge of power that peaks off quite early.

The Astra will have a lot more safety features and gadgets that the Corsa, so it's probably a lot heavier as well.

If it's not had a service in a while, doing one can help regain any lost power (reddex, diesel fuel filter, air filter, oil and oil filter)

Usually when modded even though the Bhp figure isn't a lot more, ir changes the power delivery with a remap. Turbo should spool up sooner and hold power right to the red line. Red lining a standard diesel though is a waste of time and you'll probably go slower.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Going to the redline I've noticed just lacks power and I've changed the oil oil filter and air filter ,need to get k and n though .
Also need to get some reddex and diesel filter done guy at the garage said to run reddex through when there isn't much fuel

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Small update fitted some and led sidelights look 10x better
Also painted all my calipers red making it stand out bit more

Had sone trouble tonight after changing tge fuel filter it wouldn't start more dies el in the filter and topped the tank up n jobs a gooden

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
small update. today i finally changed my stereo to my old one only single din but sounds better already

lot more effort to change than the corsa

fascia had to be changed then the wiring harness is much bigger then i had to find an ignition live.

eventuly i will get a new stereo but this will do in the mean time im hoping to put some gauges where the little pocket is under boost oil and engine temperature?

also i got a k & n panel filter and deretricted my airbox think its made a small difference but will be a bigger difference when it gets a remap im hoping to take it to courteny sport eventuly after few more mods and if money allows only time will tell though!

am thinking of new headlights something bit different though as the projectors that came as standard are a bomb to buy so was looking at devil eyes as opposed to angel eyes not 100% sure though?

also some new goodies today as it was buy one get one free!

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
nice astra not a fan off them i know a girl who has had endless problems with her's mainly electrics you should give serious detailing a ring get them to really do a once over on the body work they will make it look brand new again

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
going to get some swirl remover eventuly and give it a good going over clay wash polish wax etc. but can wait til pvs time i think.

bought some goodies last night on ebay been told not to buy anymore now by the mrs lol as i need to save.

bought my self insigia washer jets as the standard ones are crap.
cruise control stalk will just need to get someone to activate it on the car hopefully wont cost too much!
sri badges as previous owner had taken them off

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Small update been down to thorney Vauxhall as they are local and had a chat with them about remaps had preety sure I'm going to go with a stage one map get better fuel econmey and performance and lots if torque at around £450 which ain't too bad hoping to get that done towards end if summer if money allows . Also got them to send Off for my car pass code then they can activate my cruise control at last . Also hoping to get the alloys refurbed before pvs
Can't decide on a colour though gloss black or different shade pod silver

1 - 20 of 73 Posts