All Corsa Owners Forum banner

681 - 700 of 2248 Posts

·
Registered
8,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #681
...I am waiting for a white LED festoon bulb for my boot light, some white 509T LEDs for my speedo dials and some xenon white blue coated H4 bulbs for the Depos to be delivered along with some STP Engine Flush...
Received in the post this morning :)

Just waiting on my pollen filter and K&N panel filter to be delivered and that'll complete the lot :) I'll probably get round to doing the service and fitting the other bits and pieces in a couple of weeks when term has finished.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Depo's will look good, and I'm looking forward to seeing a slatted grill on a 5 door!

·
Registered
8,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #684
Received in the post this morning :)

Just waiting on my pollen filter and K&N panel filter to be delivered and that'll complete the lot :) I'll probably get round to doing the service and fitting the other bits and pieces in a couple of weeks when term has finished.
Fitted the white 509T LEDs today for my dials. Not the brightest but they are better than blue LEDs for sure. I could do with white SMDs really but they are wayyyyy too expensive. 1x 509T white LED is 70p whereas 1x SMD 509T is £4.99. So although they are better, I'm happy with my cheap LEDs lol.

I'll fit my white LED festoon boot light tomorrow probably, and also refit my 3rd brake light.

Everything else I think will have to wait until the end of term like I previously stated.

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Did you just fit a standard led in your boot? I've just fitted a 9smd one in my interior, and looking forward to seeing how bright it'll be tonight.

·
Registered
9,910 Posts
The bonus with the leds as well is they use much less power. Potentially could make thier money back later down the line with fuel saving, and less likely to drain the battery if you leave the car parked with the sidelights on busy streets ect.

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
For my boot light I've used a 6 LED white festoon bulb
How bright is it? Don't think I'll keep this smd unless it's really bright - would rather be able to see something than have a stylish interior!

·
Registered
8,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #696
Rear speakers were playing up a bit recently so I went out to the car today to rewire them and my fingers went numb in all of about a second lol. Bloody freezing!!! But I got the job done and they're working nicely again now :)

Looking forward to getting some work done on the car at the weekend.

·
Registered
614 Posts
nice to hear your dedicated to robin i hav got a lot of work to do today as i want to get my petrol back on the road :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
8,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #698
nice to hear your dedicated to robin i hav got a lot of work to do today as i want to get my petrol back on the road :thumbs_up:
Well this is my last week of term so I should have some spare time at the weekend :) I only serviced the car 5,000 miles ago including filters but I thought that especially in this weather another one wouldn't do any harm! Depos should look a little less tacky than the angels too :)

Yeah I saw you were thinking about getting your petrol car going again. If you get the paintwork sorted on it and go down the euro look like you were saying then it'll look awesome! :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
614 Posts
Well this is my last week of term so I should have some spare time at the weekend :) I only serviced the car 5,000 miles ago including filters but I thought that especially in this weather another one wouldn't do any harm! Depos should look a little less tacky than the angels too :)

Yeah I saw you were thinking about getting your petrol car going again. If you get the paintwork sorted on it and go down the euro look like you were saying then it'll look awesome! :thumbs_up:
i to think it the depos will look alot nicer to me angel eyes look a little cheap if you get what i mean lol

yea am defo going euro with the back stripped out debating on removing the carpet lol but going to do gloss black arches andbumper tops aswell as the sills mabye spray my badboy bonnet red. just bought a pre 97 cx from bumper for £50 so spraying that this week hopfully. keep up the good work i will most probably get another project thread for the rebuild of the petrol (Y) cheers

·
Registered
8,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #700
i to think it the depos will look alot nicer to me angel eyes look a little cheap if you get what i mean lol

yea am defo going euro with the back stripped out debating on removing the carpet lol but going to do gloss black arches andbumper tops aswell as the sills mabye spray my badboy bonnet red. just bought a pre 97 cx from bumper for £50 so spraying that this week hopfully. keep up the good work i will most probably get another project thread for the rebuild of the petrol (Y) cheers
Yeah I know what you mean about the angels. I do like the halos and the black of them looks good, but I can get the darkness from the Depos. They'll just look a bit more smarter and tasteful I reckon.

Plans sound good for yours, I like those CDX bumpers and they're very rare so that should be good when it's all sprayed. You should try and get a pre 97 CDX rear bumper too.

681 - 700 of 2248 Posts