All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 279 Posts

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hi this isnt my first corsa but it is my first project.

its a 2000 xreg altlantis blue 3dr 1.0ltr club

my first modification is to throw away the old steel rims and add some corsa c 15" sxi alloys with 185/55 tyres although now its got the ground clearance of a monster truck and rolls like f**k.

second im in the process of (as i write this) spraying away the blotchy grey/black trim, in the end they will be atlantis blue

jobs to do:
colour coding half way there
blue interior light bulb done
xenon headlight bulbs done
debadge done
punto rear wiper done
paint alloys
beesting aerial done
irmy debadged grill ordered
crystal??? side repeaters done
upgrade brakes to cavalier 256mm disks and calipers with braided hoses
upgrade suspension and lower by 50mm maybe more
drop a 1.6ltr 8v into it
angel eye head lights need to collect
spoiler need to collect
interior (still undecided wat to do there) EDIT: calibra black leather

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
Best colour :) just a shame they didnt do Atlantis blue sports :(
Have a look at mine and nibnob21's project threads if you want to see what weve done with our Atlantis blues, either for inspiration or so you know not what to do :p

Apolagies to the other Atlantis bluers, who I haven't mentioned, nibnob was just the first who came to mind :)

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Best colour :) just a shame they didnt do Atlantis blue sports :(
Have a look at mine and nibnob21's project threads if you want to see what weve done with our Atlantis blues, either for inspiration or so you know not what to do :p

Apolagies to the other Atlantis bluers, who I haven't mentioned, nibnob was just the first who came to mind :)
Both great cars i didnt know there were so many atlantis bluers around untill i found allcorsa i have plenty of ideas now many thanks,
id like mine more as a sleeper, for wen sum chav in a 1.2 sh*troen saxo tries it on at the lights thinking im stil a 1ltr (obviously after iv dropped the 1.6 lump into it) so may leave the 12v badge on lol, had a real run around today trying to find out the name of the colour so i could get a few rattle cans, went to halfords to see if they could help all they did was point me in the direction of the engine bay and look on the vin? plate which didnt exist so they told me to go home and look on the log book which simply said blue, so went back took my wing mirror off the car and took it into the store with me, to match up with the colours on the can lids, no joy (later found out that the samples only represent a likeness) got sent to vauxhall spares and service department were in 30 secs they had found out all about my car just from putting the reg in the computer. now why didnt i just go to vauxhall in the first place, oh and found another vin plate just inside the drivers door, gutted lol.

just removed all the masking of bump strips and door handles look fantastic in the blue, will upload pics wen i find out how to.

·
Premium Member
7,449 Posts
Please don't use text talk

·
Registered
8,012 Posts
Both great cars i didnt know there were so many atlantis bluers around untill i found allcorsa i have plenty of ideas now many thanks,
id like mine more as a sleeper, for wen sum chav in a 1.2 sh*troen saxo tries it on at the lights thinking im stil a 1ltr (obviously after iv dropped the 1.6 lump into it) so may leave the 12v badge on lol, had a real run around today trying to find out the name of the colour so i could get a few rattle cans, went to halfords to see if they could help all they did was point me in the direction of the engine bay and look on the vin? plate which didnt exist so they told me to go home and look on the log book which simply said blue, so went back took my wing mirror off the car and took it into the store with me, to match up with the colours on the can lids, no joy (later found out that the samples only represent a likeness) got sent to vauxhall spares and service department were in 30 secs they had found out all about my car just from putting the reg in the computer. now why didnt i just go to vauxhall in the first place, oh and found another vin plate just inside the drivers door, gutted lol.

just removed all the masking of bump strips and door handles look fantastic in the blue, will upload pics wen i find out how to.
Should have just put a pic up on here of your car and loads of people would have told you straight away it's Atlantis Blue lol.

To add pictures create a photobucket account and use the code in your post and the pictures will appear :)

Oh and it seems like you probably now know but the code for Atlantis Blue is 28L or 285. But be careful as there's more than one shade of it and it's a very very hard colour to get a proper match with. My colour coding on my arches and bumpers is pretty bad to be honest as it seems to be a completely different shade to my original bodywork.

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Should have just put a pic up on here of your car and loads of people would have told you straight away it's Atlantis Blue lol.

To add pictures create a photobucket account and use the code in your post and the pictures will appear :)

Oh and it seems like you probably now know but the code for Atlantis Blue is 28L or 285. But be careful as there's more than one shade of it and it's a very very hard colour to get a proper match with. My colour coding on my arches and bumpers is pretty bad to be honest as it seems to be a completely different shade to my original bodywork.[/quote]

thanks for warning me about the paint matches bought some rattlers from halfords earlier and its not quite there, but its close and it looks nice, may improve when i lacquer it in a few days.

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Reminds me of mine when i first got it, sane alloys.
yeah i saw that mate thought to myself "that looks familiar" the drivers side front is badly kerbed needs filling and spraying, did you just use standard car spray paint?:cool:

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
yeah i saw that mate thought to myself "that looks familiar" the drivers side front is badly kerbed needs filling and spraying, did you just use standard car spray paint?:cool:
Yep.
It's Honda polished metal.

Make sure younger etching primer though or it will flake off..... Like mine :palm:

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yep.
It's Honda polished metal.

Make sure younger etching primer though or it will flake off..... Like mine :palm:
haha its all in the learning curve bet you wont do that again, yes it was a camera phone will get my fujifilm digital slr out on it next time and make it look pro, i like that honda polished metal but i might just stay silver but with a twist, will have to have a think about it. also got a few bits of rust to see to. 1 right dead centre of the boot underneath the numberplate, 1 on the edge of the drivers door below the bump strip and passenger door just under neath the club logo and bump strip i know roughly how to deal with it but any advice would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Looking good, how did you do it? did you spray it on the car? did you use primer or anything?
i toook the bump strips off to start washed them in warm water and washing up liquid let them dry few layers of primer then sprayed them with halfords rattle cans about 3 layers, (found the right colour in the end see a previous post) then refitted.. the door handles were easier and i wish had done the same with the bumpstrips, i masked off the main panels then taped up the whole handle and cut round it and round the lock barrel and peeled it off, the primered 3 times and sprayed 3 times, just waiting till next payday then getting a can of clear lacquer to finish it off, the colour wasnt perfect but it looks the part, next to be treated are the bumpers, wheel arches, scuttle board, wiper arms and the boot lock surround, the only advice id give is leave every thing on the car its much easier, i took my bump strips off then realised i didnt have anything to fit them back on. so went and bought no more nails tape :thumbs_up: did the job but they stick out more than usual and leave small gap but will take off and replace when i find somthing better

·
Banned
2,443 Posts
Looks nice dude :) check out my last 2 atlantis blue threads for ideas too if you like :) i'm hurt than dan forgot me :p

1 - 20 of 279 Posts