·
Banned
2,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
okay at the moment i own some Sony xplode 6x9's and a sony stereo too
i was wondering there is a kit on caraudiosecurity with :
This Amp
This Sub

I am fully aware it is not a great sound system but it is cheap and will sound better than what i have now..

would you reccomend this as a basic "okay" setup?
and
what would you reccomend for the doors? components or coaxial?

cheers

(or this setup)

# JBL GT4-12 1000W 12" subwoofer
# TOXIC TX-500 500W amplifier
# 12" sub-box

·
Registered
497 Posts
I don't have a clue what that sub and amp are like, but as long as you don't drive them too hard they should be ok and as you said, will sound better than what you have. I'd definitely reccommend components over coaxials.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
It should be ''ok'', dont expect huge amounts off bass mind you though!

·
Premium Member
8,051 Posts
i've got that sub in my car now, it'll take a lot of abuse and still sound okay. toxic is an ok make in my opinion. put some components in the front doors and run them off an amp. with the 6x9's aswell it's a nice little setup. :thumbs_up:

·
Banned
2,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
TX-500 Amplifier
£79.99

12" subbox sealed
£35.00

KFC-W300S - 12" subwoofer
£29.99

PC4-20 - wiring kit
£19.99

KFC-PS130 - 13cm speakers
£43.99 (they are components)

SAK-3001 - Vauxhall Corsa - front
£13.00

Sub Total £221.96
Kenwood: Toxic 12" 600W deal Discount -£74.98
Total: £146.98

is what im thinking of getting?
sound good?

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
I am:p haha should be gettibn round to installin it tonight yay:D

·
Registered
521 Posts
i am hopefully gettin a mad install soon when i get the time to build it an the cash i got the materials just need the equipment to go in

·
Premium Member
8,051 Posts
i've stuck mine on top of the sub box. dunno if thats a good idea or not. and i've velcroed my box to the carpet. keeps it still, but easy to move when i need the spare

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
mwncidrwg have to disagree, you dont really want 6x9s with a sub as well.

Got my sub and comps fitted the other day, got a jbl sub that martin recommended, the sound quality is good for the price also kicks off some good amount of bass, although I have got the bass turned down a canny bit to make the overall music sound better.

·
Registered
497 Posts
What problems did you have with 6X9's as well as a sub? I've said this countless times on here now lol. My sub and 6X9's don't interfere with each other, it all works as I wanted, you get all frequencies coming from the back instead of just bass, although most audio is coming from the comps up front. My 6X9's havn't been blasted to bits in the year they have been in use in conjunction with my sub. Just curious as to why many people say not to have 6X9's with a sub. I can see a possible problem if the sub is facing upwards but for a lot of people they don't, so what's the problem? :confused:

·
Registered
447 Posts
What problems did you have with 6X9's as well as a sub? I've said this countless times on here now lol. My sub and 6X9's don't interfere with each other, it all works as I wanted, you get all frequencies coming from the back instead of just bass, although most audio is coming from the comps up front. My 6X9's havn't been blasted to bits in the year they have been in use in conjunction with my sub. Just curious as to why many people say not to have 6X9's with a sub. I can see a possible problem if the sub is facing upwards but for a lot of people they don't, so what's the problem? :confused:
a driver works by moving air (as you know). When you have a sub in a boot, it is moving the air. However, the boot has solid walls, so air will be "forced" through the gaps. As you have 6x9s in the shelf, the sub will try to push the 6x9 woofer as this is the easiest thing to "give", as after all the walls, floor and parcel shelf are solid.. You wouldnt dare run speakers with you finger holding the cone in, its no difference with a sub in the boot, the air is going to be trying to push the 6x9 cone woofer the opposite way. Thats one problem. You can seal the 6x9s by putting a box around the rear. This will make them much more punchy. but what ever you do, you'll always have 2 different sized speakers (the 6x9 = a 7" sub) and the bigger sub in the boot trying to play the same frequencies. It will sound very bad. Another reason people tend not to like 6x9s is because the higher the frequency, the "thinner" the sound wave. Ill explain again, but using WATER instead of air... a sub is like a shower head, it sprays water out in a big area. The higher you go, the thinner the water beam becomes. This is why tweeters have to be aimed more, and why mids/woofers and just dumped in the doors. Back to the 6x9s, as the have a tweeter in, they are just "beaming" the sound straigh up to your roof, so you will get SOME rear fill - but the quality wont be good at all. Ways to over come this is to have components in the rear/front and up the signal going to the tweeter, so it will play louder. This is a few reasons why people dont like 6x9s and a sub. If you have 6x9s on there own, in a good size sealed enclosure, they will sound amazin, and you might not even need a sub ;)

·
Registered
259 Posts
I have a pioneer headunit witch 1 set of rca leads cum out and into my amp witch powers my 6x9's.the amp witch powers my 6x9's have an rca out where a set of rca run out and into my active vibe cbr10 sub.is this the way to do it?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts