All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ya,

I’m after a bit of guidance and advice please and I'm sorry if this doesn't make sense.

I bought a automatic Corsa Design on Saturday, 59 plate. It all seemed like it was going fine but unfortunately yesterday when I was leaving work I was driving through the car park braked had my foot off the accelerator the car was rolling with the momentum then when I put my foot back on the accelerator the car wouldn’t move (apart from the momentum) the engine wouldn’t rev the power steering had turned off as the steering had got heavy and the car still wouldn’t move even after I put the car in revers and back into drive. Unfortunately I’m not sure if the engine was still running or not as the Air con and radio was on and the engine is very quite as well. Once I had turned the car off completely and started it up again it was fine and this morning I plugged in my diagnostics gadget and it came up with no errors and worked fine!

Have any of you had anything like this or do any of you know what the issue could be? Once agin I'm sorry if this doesn't make sense.

Its just frustrating its happened like 4 days after I bought the car. Could there be something I'm doing wrong???

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Hi Ross, the last time something like that happened to me about 20 years ago was in a Jaguar, i was doing a road test and somehow the engine stalled, i lost all the power steering and the servo brakes, luckily my muscles were still working and i manage to stop and steer it manually....

So in a nutshell it sounds like the engine just stalled...might have been just coincidence i would wait and see if it happens again, if it does you might want to think about looking on the inlet hose for air leaks, possibly clean the throttle plate out...and even think abut egr valve sticking open...good luck from Fred in Essex.

Hi ya,

I'm after a bit of guidance and advice please and I'm sorry if this doesn't make sense.

I bought a automatic Corsa Design on Saturday, 59 plate. It all seemed like it was going fine but unfortunately yesterday when I was leaving work I was driving through the car park braked had my foot off the accelerator the car was rolling with the momentum then when I put my foot back on the accelerator the car wouldn't move (apart from the momentum) the engine wouldn't rev the power steering had turned off as the steering had got heavy and the car still wouldn't move even after I put the car in revers and back into drive. Unfortunately I'm not sure if the engine was still running or not as the Air con and radio was on and the engine is very quite as well. Once I had turned the car off completely and started it up again it was fine and this morning I plugged in my diagnostics gadget and it came up with no errors and worked fine!

Have any of you had anything like this or do any of you know what the issue could be? Once agin I'm sorry if this doesn't make sense.

Its just frustrating its happened like 4 days after I bought the car. Could there be something I'm doing wrong???

1 - 3 of 3 Posts