All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Im sorry to be straight to the point here but I need some advive urgently.
Bought an automatic corsa gls M reg '95 3 days ago and already I ve got problems.

1) The 'S' light is flashing constantly
2) When in drive mode it cant find 1st gear but it will get 1-3 in manual
3) Radio has gone into safe mode
4)cigarette lighter doesnt work.

Tried the ecu reset by disconnecting the battery overnight etc as described on here.
Nothing happened still got the same problems.
So I took it back to the car sales and left it for them to have a look.
Spoke to them yesterday and theyve put it onto the dianostics and reset it.
Now its apparently driving perfectly even though they havent actually done anything other than reset it.
Ive asked for the fault codes so I know what Im getting and they cant/wont give them to me .
I asked what the fault was and theyve no idea either

At the moment Ive a horrible feeling Im being ripped off and gut instinct says to ask for a refund .

What I want to know is does anyone know what would cause these problems and would a simple reset fix them??
Thanks for any advice

·
Registered
399 Posts
the S light is the sport mode which feeds to the auto trans ECU,try removing the cover over the gear selector and check that the wiring is secure to the economy/sport mode switch,also check the winter mode switch,also check fuse no2 10amp rated/fuse no5 10amp rated
ciggy lighter fuse18 20amp rated.

·
Registered
399 Posts
the flashing light is not a great deal to worry about,the not selecting 1st gear could be down to the selector cable or a gearbox problem,have you checked the transmission fluid level,sometimes this could be a probable cause,there are no filters to check or change on these boxes,does the kick down work ok.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not had chance to check anything much as the car is still at the carsales I have told him that Im not accepting it back untill he tells me what the codes/fault was.
I did remove the cover around the gear stick and its all wired up.

So resetting the ecu wouldnt 'fix' anything then? if theres a fault with the gearbox or the selector cable just resetting the ecu wouldnt be a long term fix ??
Not sure what you mean by the kick down sorry

·
Registered
126 Posts
I think the S light stays on when in sport mode and flashes contsantly if there is a fault.

If you reset the transmission ECU and then still get a flashing light then its definately a fault, it could be something simple as stated below like a fuse, selector cable or the transmition fluid.

kick down is when you put your foot to the floor and it automaticaly kicks down a gear to give faster acceleration.

I wouldn't accept it back untill they can tell you what the problem was and how they fixed it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the explanation Ive only ever had one automatic before this one and never had a bit of trouble with it.
Only without it now because it was stolen :(

If it is a fault with the gearbox etc is it possible that they could have bodged it to get it working again just long enough for me to take it away?
which incidentally I wont until I know what the fault was/is

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
so heres a question going by everyones replies etc do you think the gearbox is nacked?
anything else can be fixed I suppose but really need to know if its the box running out of time so any help really appreciated

·
Registered
399 Posts
so heres a question going by everyones replies etc do you think the gearbox is nacked?
anything else can be fixed I suppose but really need to know if its the box running out of time so any help really appreciated
did they give you any form of warranty when you bought the car?.
i agree with your action over the car,repair or refund,if you have any crap of them,tell them you will involve trading standards,just dont accept it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
warranty......no unfortunately not think they saw me coming to be honest!

Im wondering now about booking an AA/RAC inspection to be carried out whilst its still at the car sales and see what they say.
At least that way if I go dow the trading standards route Ive got proof that its faulty and its not just my word against theres .....any opinions??

1 - 11 of 11 Posts