All Corsa Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just swapped head units with my m8 and put in my Ripspeed dvd player 710 and it keeps coming up with bad disc. any ideas of to fix it or is it broken?

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Only thing you can do is check all the connections and try other discs.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i've just tried an nother disc and it plays eveytime put another one it and it will say bad disc

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Sounds like it can't read the disc. Laser may be buggered?
Also is it just a set format it can't read, eg: cdr or dvd?

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i've just made acopy of an album and put it stright in there and it says bad disc.
on some genuine cd's it still says bad disc.
i've herd that some dvd player will only play sertain disc i.e sony maybe it has something to do with that?

also will try a cd player in the player

·
Registered
611 Posts
mine did this at some point, turned out the rubber band/pulley that moves the laser about was slipping, hence not moving the laser.

might not be this, but thats what mine turned out to be on mine

·
18,555 Posts
lens cleaner? it might just be down to the quality of the discs, my alpine wont play cd's burnt at any higher than 4x, not sure why. I have a dvd lens cleaner you can borrow mate. You managed to get the screen open yet?

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Thats the third Ripspeed headunit that i know of which has f*cked up :rolleyes: wouldnt recommend one :laugh:

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
TBH havent heard anything bad about venturer. Alpine is good although badly overpriced.

·
18,555 Posts
Venturer is crap, I had one and quality was too bad even for the £100 I paid for it, also I got my alpine for £200 so I did well being that it is mint, ebay jobby ;)

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Yeh but for £100 i wouldnt expect much, a friend had one of there DVD screens and it was pretty good. Alpine is one of those things that you pay for the name more than anything else, dont get me wrong though, its all good quality stuff.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts