All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well living in the states we don't get this dish much and when we do it isn't true bangers. Finally had some for lunch today, my father in law brought some back from London the last time he was there. Pretty good shit. Just wondering though , is this a stereotype that English people enjoy this or is it still a practice in households. I know French people love them some snails lol

My first time making it. Good thing I got a ricer for the potatoes

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
If that's a treat you must have it pretty bad..

It's boring tbh, sausage and a lump of squished potatoes

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well we get some pretty good sausages here in france from farmers we know. Its just one of those dishes in the states thats completely butchered if you can even find it.

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
Well living in the states we don't get this dish much and when we do it isn't true bangers. Finally had some for lunch today, my father in law brought some back from London the last time he was there. Pretty good shit. Just wondering though , is this a stereotype that English people enjoy this or is it still a practice in households. I know French people love them some snails lol

My first time making it. Good thing I got a ricer for the potatoes
Hardly a treat! More a cba cooking kinda meal.
Nice though. Best with garlic mash and onion gravy.

·
Registered
9,410 Posts
and what is thAt?
Pancake mix to make the batter - with sossies in it - baked in the oven. Sounds simple but it can take a bit of skill to get the batter nice and crispy and not soggy around the sossies. Google the recipe and have a go.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ah ok I just saw it on wiki. I thought they were dipped in batter separately. But I see now that it's poured into a dish with the sausage lined up. Well I got one more pack of banger in the freezer. Anyone got grandmas old recipe lol

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
No because that would make a pancake and not a Yorkshire pudding.

Have to confess to liking bangers and mash, also told in the hole. I'm quite bad that I like beans with both of these meals :shocked:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts