All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After lowering my car few weeks ago iv notcied my exhaust is banging on the rear axle, but over the last few days its been gettin ridiculous, every single bump in the road and it hits it. It lowered 40mm on a spax set up but it is on 14" wheels so it is pretty low.

I cant keep driving it like it and i dont want to resort in putting standard suspension in it. Iv fitted cable ties around the exhaust bushes to restrict the movement but that hasnt helped. What can i do to stop it banging?

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
when mine did that i took it to formula 1 an the heated an bent the exhauste only cost £10.:thumbs_up:

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you think if i wrapped it in exhaust insulation wrap it will cushion it a bit and stop the metal to metal contact?

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
I've had this on both my corsas. I usually unbolt the backbox, push it right up, then rebolt it really tight. Or as said above, get an exhaust company to alter it for you.

Unfortunately there is no bodge for it.

·
Registered
5,972 Posts
mine did this mate with my old sportex, when i had my new one made up they just bent it as far away from it as poss. not a dickie now ;)

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Alrite then cheers for the input :thumbs_up: will try lees method first, if that dont work then will go round and ask a few garages.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts