All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need help with timing chain replacement, i have the timing chain kit but no instructions. What special size torx sockets or drivers do i need. Are the any other engine components i should replace while the tc is off. I have ordered the special holding tools. What is the cam sensor mod if required. done 116,000kms

·
Registered
12 Posts
For instructions, I found the following useful when I did a similar job recently. http://workshop-manuals.com/vauxhall/corsa-c/j__engine_and_engine_aggregates/dohc_petrol_engine/timing_gear_case/repair_instructions/remove_and_install_timing_case_(z_12_xe_z_12_xep_z_14_xep_with_air_conditioning_lhd)/

Worth having a full set of Torx sockets up to E20 and the male versions also. Other things to consider replacing at same time might be the Aux belt especially after such a mileage and if you're unsure whether it's ever been changed before. The water pump gasket might be worth replacing - mine was just about ok after 43K miles. if you have any suspicions that the WP itself is going you could consider replacing that but they are fairly pricey.

Not sure about the cam sensor mod

Finally, there is a lot of info around on this site and other similar ones about this kind of job and it's worth reading up if you're a bit unfamiliar with jobs like this one. An example of this might be around being able to by-pass having to remove the sump or having to use the special GM tool mentioned in the workshop manual link I supplied for supporting the engine. I simply put a trolley jack under the sump with a piece of wood as a load spreader and that worked a treat - especially when having to deal with removal of the o/s engine mounting

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.