All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the ctek mxs 5 charger and also some confusion about the user manual instruction.
The manual reads,
For batteries mounted inside a vehicle,
1. connect the red clamp to he batteries positive pole.
2. connect the black clamp to the vehicle chassis remote from the fuel pipe & battery.
3. connect the charger to the wall socket.
Great that's clear enough but when using the comfort connect accessory which has a permanent eyelet on each battery pole for easy connection to the charger without using crocodile clips etc the batteries negative pole will be connected to the charger.
Positive/positive
negative/negative

·
Banned
885 Posts
I think that the confusion is in (2) - connecting the black (negative) connection.
It's fine to connect either with crocodile clips or with what you call the 'comfort connector', connecting directly to the battery terminals, rather than a chassis point.

The big DO NOT, is do not REMOVE either of the terminals whilst the charger is connected to the mains.
Doing so could result in a spark.
When the battery is charging, or is newly charged, it may give off a mixture of hydrogen and oxygen - Not an ideal mix to be near a spark!!
Once that the charger is switched 'off' (at the mains) it is perfectly safe to disconnect it from the charger.

Regards

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I cant really help you as not sure what you have, but i can say the Positive on the battery charger and the positive on the car go together same with Negative to negative, there is another way, you can charge it through the ciggerette socket if it less than about 10 amp charger, and doesn't work with ignition on, or if the battery is not under the bonnet you should find a live terminal under the bonnet, prob a stud post, or it might go to the fuse box and you can charge it from there, putting the negative on the engine or body make sure good contact...if the battery charger is more than 10 amps don't charge it through a thing wire, hope this helps..from Fred in Essex.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.