All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all just purchashed my self a corsa gsi!! Not in great shape though! It's a bit rotten and done 140000+ I don't know much about the c16xe engines but it still runs like a dream considering it needs a cam sensor. but I'm looking into making this into project. wondering what you all know about these and any information would be great! Here I have some pictures. All comments welcome!

Sent from my LT30p using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Which country are you in?

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Can be x16xe or c16xe depending on age in the UK.

That's why I asked his location, never heard it called that anti thinkits wrong though

·
Premium Member
8,351 Posts
predictive text fail methinks...

·
Premium Member
8,351 Posts
and imho thats a breaker. its fubar.

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
I can imagine it being more rotton than mine does it have jacking covers on the skirts can't see from the pictures

·
Registered
9,910 Posts
That back arch looks really bad. If you do decide to keep it and repair it, i'd be pulling up the carpets and going underneath with a light hammer checking for rust.

Craig55's GSI didn't look as bad rust wise from the outside but it needed massive amounts of welding to sort it out.

At that mileage and using the X16XE i'd probably break it up.

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
If you want a gsi i would buy a bog spec carbaric blue corsa with low milage and mot and swap it over and rebuild engine at that milage the oil scraper ring will be stuck in allowing oil to pass and burn even with the amount of welding mine has had it will only be short term

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
It may have a c16 tall engine then the setup is definatly x16 and the year of the car is X16 aswell

Out of intrest what did you pay for it

1 - 20 of 90 Posts