All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just watched his last 20mins. Absolutely gutted. Probably my favourite ever player.

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
I sat and watched his top 10 goals on YouTube, also watching some premier league greatest on bbc three now and just saw his goal from the half way line. Absolutely great player, unfortunately I always thought his game suffered after he met Posh.

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
GO down as one of the greats.

Should have retired few years ago IMO. Always tight he was overrated for last 5/10 years of his career. Age/posh/aftershave/kids/adverts changed him as a player IMO

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Well I agree with that Samo

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
I think it was just the Spanish/American leagues that finished him.
Wasn't his type of game at Madrid and then in America, anyone who can control a ball is a pro!

Don't think posh had much to do with it tbh...

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
All this talk of him changing after he met posh is utter crap. He was always dedicated to his football. You only need to listen to the testaments of people who worked with him/played with him. He was never fast, but always put in the effort, and I don't think anyone else has ever had his passing accuracy.
As for age of retirement, in my opinion it is the press who have dictated when footballers retire over the years. As soon as they run a story that a certain footballer is past their best, the ball starts rolling and everyone joins in. There are plenty of footballers that in my opinion could quite easily keep going into their late 30's early 40's.

Reactions: nibnob21

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Lampard's probably being their best player for a large part of the season. Again yet another quality footballer written off by the press.

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Lampard thread IMO

·
Registered
223 Posts
about bloody time, now i can start supporting england again

he was good at manure so fair play, after that, as mentioned, he was brand not a footballer, so in turn his free kicks became sh!t and disapointing, it was the moment of, "this is a goal, to, thisll be going into the crowd again..."

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
How on earth could getting married affect his football. Nothing changed at all.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
He got better with age.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.