All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi a few month ago i had a new water pump an cambelt fitted on my redtop by benchsound in stanford-le-hope.anyway since then my car has covered 2000 miles an its started making a funny noice from the cambelt area.last weekend i removed the cover to find my cambelt was slack with half the teeth missing so i set about replacing it.i found out the water pump they fitted was the wrong one the belt didnt even sit in it right thats why the teeth are missing.the work they done cost me £350 which i paid because i need the car on the road but now it all needs redoing.:mad: they didnt even have any excuse for getting the wrong one becauce i told them it was an astra gte redtop with the early set up which it states on my invoice.im guna set about claiming my money back tomorrow long story short never go there.:mad:

·
Registered
5,972 Posts
joke mate, complete joke.

i dont know what it is with some of these places! i mean they must of known is was the wrong one! lazyness comes into it when they couldnt be bothered to send it back and wait for correct pump!

i would be straight on the phone to trading standards!

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
just got off the fone to them an the manager has said if i bring the pump an damaged cambelt in with my repaire bill he should be able the refund it.hopfully they do im skint lol

·
Registered
191 Posts
fukin **** thats rubish mate cant belive that and they call them self mechanics lol,i would off fitted it for that nuch in my garage

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i no mate would have done it myself but the engine had to be droped to do it.

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah it can now but when bench sound done it it had a crappy drivers side engine mont which was holding the engine far to far over got a new one on now tho.:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts