All Corsa Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts
Discussion starter · #21 ·
Cheers dudes

I did a bit of a photoshoot today with the Calibra, seeing as it's got it's freshly painted Irmscher kit now finished! I've been playing around heavily with filters and lenses to get the arty look I wanted for some of the shots.

And some in the car park

And a couple of black and whites

I'll have a big update on the Calibra shortly as work is progressing really well!

Discussion starter · #22 ·
Also I got let down by my new models so I'll bring you some never-seen-before pics from the archive.

I was dancing my heart out with her on Friday night at Mosh in Derby, and she's so much fun. Really knows how to party. We went to a strip club as well and lamented how fat strippers seem to be these days.

Good times!

Discussion starter · #23 ·
Love it. Makes me want another calibra just not a rotten one
There's quite a few out there!

Here's the pictures from my Cadwell Park trackday!

I went into the session fearing it was going to be like driving on ice, all those horror stories about the engine being in the wrong place etc. So I had low expectations! In reality it all made a lot of sense on the track - the steering in these things is amazing. It gives you so much feedback and pinpoint control mid-corner! The brakes are phenomenal as well, even with just OEM pads. Handling wise it was fine, so long as you're smooth on the steering and don't provoke it or try and chuck it around like you do a FWD car.

My best lap was 1min 55 seconds, although it does have the EML on for a bad lambda sensor so was down on power.

Now I'm in the situation where I'm impressed with the Porsche on track, but possibly not enough to keep it.

Decisions.... decisions...

Discussion starter · #24 ·
Update time, 911 first:

I've had a misfire for a while now, coming up as lambda sensor for cylinders 4-6

New plugs and leads were fitted, what a job! You have to remove the rear wheels, and then reach down a tight tunnel (lol) between the exhaust mufflers and the cylinder heads, obviously 3 cylinders on each side as it's a flat six. It's mega tight, the cylinders at the rear took about 30 minutes a side! And required double joints!

All fitted but still got a misfire.

I then went ahead and did the lambda. Again a nightmare, ended up having to remove half of the exhaust to get the lambda in the vice. This meant burning out half a dozen bolts with oxyacetylene

New lambda is in and still got a misfire!

I've also compression tested her, to good results.

In other news I've given her an oil change too, partly as it's due...

And partly to do a post mortem on the oil filter. I'm sad like that...

The bowl wasn't clean when I started, but I'm happy there was minimal residue inside. Always good to see.

It's now sitting with 8 litres of Fuchs Titan fully synthetic inside it :)

I think my next step in chasing this misfire is to get it back on the Snap-on fault code reader, and maybe clean the AFM

Discussion starter · #26 ·
Just a bit of an update on the Calibra from the past few months:

Since switching to the 8v engine, I've been ironing out a long list of teething problems with the car, one-by-one.

One of them being a slow PAS leak, which this might fix.

I also had a series of fuel leaks, so in changing the lines I thought I'd do the fuel tank top plate which was on it's last legs.

Sourced a new one

All good again :) Fuel system should out-last the car now at least

The ICE is also coming along well, since fitting the Focal front door speakers a while back...

I discovered the car already had components in the rear. They sound okay so I'll leave them in for now

I measured up the boot, around the LPG tank and drew up a plan for a boot install. I'm running a 12" VIBE sub off a Vibe Slick A0 amp, and then looking at using my Vibe Black Death amp to run all four door speakers.

That's been built and tested (sounds great), and is away being flocked at the minute.
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z28/benn859/Calibra/Interior%20n%20ICE
/20140212_154535_zpsc3cc6c84.jpg

Once it's all back I'll get it all carpeted up and looking nice and neat.

The lack of boot space has been remedied with this detachable towbar

A gay trailer

And a slightly less gay numberplate

Other than that it's just had a few nice bits

LED white sidelights

Irmscher skirts in the bodyshop

And a freshly powdercoated set of legs, subframe and anti-rollbar

Most recent pic of her!

Next plans:
- Finish ICE
- Get remote central locking working
- Finish LPG installation

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.