All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondered what's best ie easiest conversion for 1.0 envoy i know all looms need changing etc that's not an issue

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought they did just helped someone do a pug 106 1.1 conversion with rallye engine and all looms had to be changed so presumed its be same

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Another 1.0.

·
Premium Member
9,047 Posts
Dash and engine Looms need to be changed if youre going for anything other than another 1.0

·
Registered
440 Posts
Everybody should now point and laugh at Ibrahim...

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
Dash and engine Looms need to be changed if youre going for anything other than another 1.0
Just pull the wires through the grommet back to footwell. Easy as. (re dash loom)

Knew he was considering. Good to have them links in one place though.

·
Registered
440 Posts
i know iby just bored!!!! :)

·
Premium Member
9,047 Posts
Silence. I kill you!

OP - The 1.0 is the hardest to convert from, I would suggest changing the base if you become serious about a conversion

·
Premium Member
9,047 Posts
Jeff Dunham Reference.

I know its not Rocket science. Its an engine conversion, its mechanics. at a push we could call it vehicle science.

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
For sake of 11 wires in engine bay i would not change base. Don't know why people generally go and change whole dash looms or look for another care just because of 11 more wires to pull through.

Regarding rocket science - figure of speech.

·
Registered
9,910 Posts
If i was in the market for an engine conversion and i had a 1 litre i liked or had modded it seems much easier to me to do the 11 wires as mentioned above rather than find another car, not knowing much about it's history then swapping over all existing parts to that.

If what Iby said is right and just takes 1 day to pull wires through that seems by far the easier choice.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts