All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was looking into doing an engine swap in the Sri but dnt no what to go for. I have heard that so many different things can go into corsa but what really is best?????? whats the benefits of doing certain things and the disadvantages of doing others????

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Cost wise I'd say the x16xe engine (late gsi, sport engine).
For the cost of buying and fitting one they are great.

For all out power probably the c20xe or redtop as it is known, although this is regarded to be heavy and affect handling, plus the conversions aren't as cheap.

There's also the 1.8 and 2.0 ecotec engines out of the vectras. These aren't too bad but are not really a mainstream option.

Then for silly power and high cost, there are the c20let engines.

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
1.6 is prob the cheapest but for power xe or let are the bet xe suposed to be a better day to day drive tho.:thumbs_up:

·
Registered
408 Posts
2.0 8valve worked out cheapest for me, x16 xe engines seem to cost around £300-£350 with everything needed to fit.

I got a 2.0 8valve from a cavvy sri (130bhp standard), it came with kent fast road cams an a 4-1 manifold an i got it for £200 fitted, probably cost me about £230 by the time i paid for new oil, oil filter, coolant and transmission fluid.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
xe is the cheapst option, the fitting kits are cheap enough now, theres plenty of parts and so much more tuning potential then the others engines plus you can get an xe for pennies or even a full car with the engine and parts for £250 these days

d

·
Registered
38 Posts
Its cost me £350 for everything i need for an XE convertion so far,now all i have to pay is for the swap to be done and my quote is £550!

Or you could do it yourself for free!!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'd say C20XE is better. You can pick the motors up for the price of an X16XE, 150bhp standard. The only things after that you will need are standard Corsa GSI shafts (22 spline) with big inner CV's, mounts. Obviously there are other little bits a needed but I reckon you could carry out a budget swap for £5-600, and you have 150bhp on tap.

If you want that kind of power from the X16XE, the easiest way to get it is throttle bodies, which erm . . . isn't cheap.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts