All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I bought this car, I traded my old car in but this time I am thinking what the best way to sell a car will be. So need ideas, also what do people do when they sell their car but havent bought the new car yet?

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
When I bought this car, I traded my old car in but this time I am thinking what the best way to sell a car will be. So need ideas, also what do people do when they sell their car but havent bought the new car yet?
Think it depends greatly on whether your going for a brand new car or a used one. Also depends on what condition your car is in. As I see you got a C SRi I would try and sell privately before buying the new car as dealers will tend to only give you a small price. SRi's tend to be very popular so you should have no problems selling it mate :thumbs_up:

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Buying a used car, and the car I want are quite rare so hard to find at a dealers. Just wundering whats the best way, ebay, autotrader, etc...?

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Ebay and autotrader are two good ways although personally I would be wary of buying a car on ebay but thats just personal preference. Another option you might want to consider is auctions. Out of interest what car you looking for?

·
Registered
542 Posts
its only something like £7-99 to advertise your car on auto trader for two weeks, and my old car sold the day after i put it on

·
Registered
44 Posts
I've been caught out on this one, sold my car at the end of July thinking I would only be waiting for my new car ordered until 1st Sept. Still waiting for the new car. I was well peeved cos the dealer offered me precious little for my 54 plate SXi in July, so decided to sell privately. There are loads of free online sites to advertise which I received good response from, ultimately I advertised it on Ebay and actually sold it via ebay and got slightly more than I actually wanted for the car. I also sold my previous 51 Plate corsa comfort on Ebay. Worked well for me, but beware of buyers wanting to wire money and send a vehicle transporter to collect without even coming to look at it, thats gotta be dodgy.....

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ebay and autotrader are two good ways although personally I would be wary of buying a car on ebay but thats just personal preference. Another option you might want to consider is auctions. Out of interest what car you looking for?
Accord type-r.
Looks like I am going to need to find a seller who doesnt mind waiting a while for me to sell my car so I am not with out a car.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Accord type-r.
Looks like I am going to need to find a seller who doesnt mind waiting a while for me to sell my car so I am not with out a car.
Yeh but as you say the car is quite rare and i doubt the seller will be too happy about waiting for yours to sell. Good luck though mate

·
Registered
713 Posts
If you've got the cash to buy the Honda, and you've found one for sale, it makes more sense to buy the Honda then sell the corsa, that way you wont be without a car and have the Honda waiting, whereas waiting for a buyer for your car first, the Honda you're looking at might get sold to another person whilst your waiting.

Its what i did when i replaced my astra for my corsa. Once i had the corsa I then advertised the astra for sale.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
If you've got the cash to buy the Honda, and you've found one for sale, it makes more sense to buy the Honda then sell the corsa, that way you wont be without a car and have the Honda waiting, whereas waiting for a buyer for your car first, the Honda you're looking at might get sold to another person whilst your waiting.

Its what i did when i replaced my astra for my corsa. Once i had the corsa I then advertised the astra for sale.
That would be ideal. Just depends on if he got the cash to do it that way round. he might be needing the money from the sale of the Corsa to get the Honda if you get me?

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
true yeah, which is why i said "if he had the cash" all depends on that really dont it?
yeh sorry forgot you said it lol shouldnt be too difficult to sell the SRi though so he shouldnt have too much of a problem

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
lol might do it that way, since I want to keep at least one car on the insurance just so I get the years no claims, going to have to find the full amount from somewhere though.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I bought the astra then sold the corsa. Sold it through good old trade it the day after it went in. Had about 15 phone calls for it!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts