All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As from a previous thread i just had the car lowered and new shocks fitted. But now my wheels are scrubbing the arches pretty bad at the rear, as far as half way down the tyre wall with 2 in the back. I think the offset is 40 as well. So how much would it cost to get the arches sorted as new alloys are out the question for the time being

·
Banned
521 Posts
How much is it lowered by? im guessing 60mm? When you say tyre offset im sure you mean wheel offest?

There is a few options, get the lowest profile tyres possible, get the arches rolled.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
How much is it lowered by? im guessing 60mm? When you say tyre offset im sure you mean wheel offest?

There is a few options, get the lowest profile tyres possible, get the arches rolled.
Sorry mis read the tyre number. Tyre size is 195/50/15. Im not sure of the offset though. And its been lowered 40mm

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
It will more than likely be rubbing on the inner plastic arch. It's worth taking your wheel off, and getting your head in behind the wheel arch just to pinpoint exactly where it is rubbing.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Lee, I had a look using a torch with the tyre on as its a bit dark to take them off, it just seems to be the plastic arch against the tyre wall, i can't feel any wear on the metal plus its covered it dirt so hopefully that means the tyre isn't rubbing there. The rest of the tread is fine, no uneven wearing or anything. I've pulled off some of the plastic that has worn away but its how far down the tyre wall that has been worn concerns me the most incase i have to get my arches reshaped. But the unusual thing is the front tyres are totally fine, no rubbing or wearing even on full lock.

Update: Just been out for a quick drive and its a 90% D/S Rear problem, more wearing and more noise there than from the P/S Rear, also got 2 mates to sit in the back while I had a look and I think about half an inch of arch will have to be cut, as the tyre wall sits pretty much flush with the inside of the plastic trim. Will try and post a pic tomorrow if it would be any help.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Ok another update. Had the wheel off and the alloy doesn't have an et number for some reason. The rubbing is very localised to the very edge of the plastic arch and slight rubbing on the very edge of the metal part of the arch. Also i looked it the manufacturers website and it says those alloys need to run on 195/45/15 tyres while i have 195/50/15 would that be it and no arch work will be needed

Update: Just Bought a set of Toyo Proxes 195/45VR-15 for £40 a corner, hopefully this will help solve the problems.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
remove the arches, and flatten the outer edge as theres a slight bend in it then bond the arches back on as you will find that not only is the arch edge rubbing but also the bolts that hold the arches on will be doing there bit tooo

1 - 7 of 7 Posts