All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not something for my current car, but since my next car will be a more modern TDI which is a bit better to tune (Hopefully Polo / Bora / A4 pd diesel)

I know most of these engines run high boost as standard, so when remaps are done it puts strain on a turbo already close to it's limit so i'd want reliability.

From what i've read, bigger turbos = higher boost with less strain on them compared to oem but usually need custom manifolds and more laggy but big power as well.

Hybrids, if they're decent enough will have upgraded bearings and are designed usually to have less lag than standard whilst giving more boost. I'm thinking this would probably be best on a diesel since all the power is really low down? Be easier if it's a part exchange as well.

·
Registered
34 Posts
2 of my friends have seat leon's and they both run hybrid turbos, i know of a local who had an astra 1.9td and he put a stupid turbo on it and it all went bang.. Im pretty sure however that they was saying it depends on whether the engine is designed for a high or low pressure turbo.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts